The following items are unacceptable:
1. T-shirts or any clothing with obscenities, demonic symbols, alcohol/drug advertisements, or sexual connotations
2. Sunglasses in the building (unless prescribed by doctor)
3. Hair nets
4. Midriff blouses or shirts (they must be long enough to stay tucked)
5. Spandex pants, shirts, and skirts as top layer of clothing
6. Skirts, shorts, and dresses shorter than fingertip length
7. Torn clothing which exposes skin (spandex underneath acceptable)
8. Bandanas or other clothing which indicate gang affiliation
9. Belt ends which are too long (they must be in the belt loops)
10. Hats or caps
11. Wallet chains of any length, nor any other chain
12. Extremely baggy or saggy shorts or pants
13. Overalls/coveralls that are not worn properly, with undergarments that are in compliance with dress code
14. Shirt straps that are less than the width of the SHS ID card
15. Flip flops or strapless sandals
16. Pajamas (PJs) or slippers
17. Blousing of the pants (tied & rolled up pant legs)
18. Facial piercings
Teachers will address and report dress code violations during the first class of the day.
Consequences for violating the SHS Dress Code:
1. Copy of dress code and warning issued. Student will change clothes in the nurse’s office.
2. Automatic SAC, parent phone call or referral note. Student will change clothes in the nurse’s office.
3. Parent phone call and suspension pending parent conference.
*Anything deemed inappropriate by the administration or school staff will result in a violation of the dress code.
Last Modified on August 23, 2012