GT Program Description:
Soccorro I.S.D. offers programs to accommodate gifted students as well as provide support to parents. District wide parent meetings are held once a month and are filled with information, resources, and fun activities that foster the gifted child's needs.
The Gifted and Talented Program at Paso Del Norte serves to enrich the lives of GT students by providing enhanced learning opportunities both inside and outside the classroom.
Within the classroom, instruction is differentiated to meet the individual needs of the gifted child. Learning activities may be differentiated within the classroom by:
· Pace and level acceleration
· Higher level questioning
· Small, flexible grouping
· Providing focused activities with increased depth and complexity
· Differentiated assessment techniques
· Providing instruction that encourages creativity and problem-solving skills
· Holding GT students accountable for setting and reaching their educational goals
· Challenging GT learners to work to their full potential
Outside of the classroom, GT students are given opportunities to participate in special GT activities, enter challenging contests, and work on GT projects to present at GT Showcase. Our Gifted and Talented Program also offers all GT students the opportunity to participate in the annual Team Quest Challenge.