Welcome to PE
Our Physical Education class teaches students to develop healthy living habits that will last a lifetime. Students participate in a wide variety of activities, sports and challenges that will increase their physical, social, and mental abilities, teamwork and cooperation skills. We hope to provide a safe, fun and motivating class that will encourage all students to want to participate, have fun and try their best.
Our foundation is based upon scholars adopting a relationship between physical fitness, physical activity, and living a healthy, balanced lifestyle.
Elfida Chavez Physical Education Expectations:
- Students must be ready to learn and have fun.
- Students must have appropriate gym attire.
- Students must have a water bottle and be prepared for physical activities.
- Students must demonstrate fair play and polite behavior when doing activities.
- Students must utilize gym equipment appropriately.
- Students must display respect for one another.
- Students must avoid bringing any toys, electronic devices, or anything that will be a distraction.
Our coaching staff recognizes the differentiation between each student and their level of physical fitness, motor development, and the level of interest. We have structured our grading policy to ensure success for our scholars and weigh heavily on participation.
Our scholars are assessed based on the following standards:
- Students demonstrate an understanding of activity skills and rules.
- Students demonstrate sportsmanship,safety, and cooperatively with peers.
- Students demonstrate effort in all activities that are designed.
- Students demonstrate respect for both classmates and the coaching.
PE Excused Absences
Scholars are excused based on the following:
- Scholar brings parents/guardian note.
- (3 days excused or less).
- Scholar brings Doctor's note.
- (3 days or more)
Based on the excused absence, a doctor's note may be required for clearance purposes. Students will sit out until clearance is provided.
- Step 1: Scholars will receive a verbal warning
- Step 2: Scholars will be asked to sit out to evaluate their train of thought.
- Step 3: Scholars' parents/ guardians will be contacted.
- Step 4: Scholars receive Lunch Detention (number of days is based on the action of the scholar)
- Step 5: Scholars receive a referral to the office.
- Scholars will receive praise from the coaching staff.
- Scholars will participate in Enrichment Fridays activities.
- Scholars will be announced as Student of the Week during the class period (Friday's).
- Scholars receive additional lap counters to be utilized on Moving Mondays.
Time Grade Level 07:45 A.M. - 08:30 A.M. Pre-K 08:30 A.M. - 09:15 A.M. Kinder 09:15 A.M. - 10:00 A.M. 1st Grade 10:00 A.M. - 10:45 A.M. 2nd Grade 10:45 A.M. - 11:30 A.M. 4th Grade 1:00 P.M. - 1:45 P.M. 3rd Grade 1:45 P.M. - 2:30 P.M. 5th Grade