The SISD Athletic Department and staff believes that athletic and extracurricular participation improves our student’s lives and provides the foundation for academic excellence.
- Students will be provided with opportunities to practice, travel, and compete in safe environments and conditions.
- Students will be provided with opportunities to apply learned skills and strategies effectively in competitive settings.
- Current and accurate athletic information will be provided to staff, students, parents, community, and the media.
- SISD coaching and training personnel are expected to demonstrate high standards of professionalism and serve as role models for our student athletes.
- SISD coaching and training personnel will develop positive parental relationships.
- SISD coaching and training personnel will develop strategies to promote community support for our athletic programs, events and athletes.
- We are accountable for our actions and decisions ensuring that they positively impact our students, athletes, staff, administration, and community members.
- We are committed to providing and establishing safe and fair learning activities and opportunities.
- We are committed to develop a relationship based on trust with all of our stakeholders.
- We will respect ourselves and our worthy opponents at all times.
- We will display the qualities of good sportsmanship while demonstrating our integrity and character at all times.
- We will strive for excellence as it is the measure of our high standards. We will work hard and always strive for teamwork and continuous improvement.
6-A High Schools:
Americas High School;
Montwood High School;
Pebble Hills High Schoo; and
Socorro High School
5-A High School:
Eastlake High School
El Dorado High Scool
Nine Middle Schools:
Capt. Walter E. Clarke Middle School
Col. John O. Ensor Middle School
Montwood Middle School
Salvador H. Sanchez Middle School
Socorro Middle School
Spec. Raphael Hernando III Middle School
SSG. Manuel R. Puentes Middle School
Sun Ridge Middle School
William D. Slider Middle School
Six K-8 Schools:
Bill Sybert School
Desert Wind School
Ernesto Serna School
Jane Hambric School
John Drugan School
Paso Del Norte School
The SISD Athletic Department oversees health and physical education for all students.
The Student Activities Complex (SAC) is located at 1300 Joe Battle Blvd. in El Paso, Texas. The seating capacity is 11,000. The SAC is equipped with a granular-infill synthetic turf sports field, an all-weather eight-lane track, and a high-tech video board. It is used primarily by SISD students, athletes, coaches, staff, and administration for athletic events such as football games, soccer games, track meets, our Volunteer After School Sports Program championship events for elementary students, and Special Olympics. The SAC is also used by the Fine Arts Department for band competitions, mariachi concerts, and other performing events.
The SISD Regional Education Recreational Facility (Aquatics Center) is located at the south side of the SAC at 1257 Southview. It consists of an indoor competition eight lane 25 yard pool, a recreational pool, water slides, a whirlpool, and a party room. It also has an outside recreational pool with water slides and a children’s play area. The Aquatic Center is used by SISD students, athletes, employees, and members of the community for events such as water aerobics, lap swimming, competitive swimming practice, UIL swim meets, 3rd grade Learn to Swim lessons, adaptive physical education swimming, club swimming team practice, and public recreational swimming.