The SISD Athletic Department and staff believes that athletic and extracurricular participation improves our student’s lives and provides the foundation for academic excellence.
- Students will be provided with opportunities to practice, travel, and compete in safe environments and conditions.
- Students will be provided with opportunities to apply learned skills and strategies effectively in competitive settings.
- Current and accurate athletic information will be provided to staff, students, parents, community, and the media.
- SISD coaching and training personnel are expected to demonstrate high standards of professionalism and serve as role models for our student athletes.
- SISD coaching and training personnel will develop positive parental relationships.
- SISD coaching and training personnel will develop strategies to promote community support for our athletic programs, events and athletes.
- We are accountable for our actions and decisions ensuring that they positively impact our students, athletes, staff, administration, and community members.
- We are committed to providing and establishing safe and fair learning activities and opportunities.
- We are committed to develop a relationship based on trust with all of our stakeholders.
- We will respect ourselves and our worthy opponents at all times.
- We will display the qualities of good sportsmanship while demonstrating our integrity and character at all times.
- We will strive for excellence as it is the measure of our high standards. We will work hard and always strive for teamwork and continuous improvement.
The Socorro ISD Athletic Department is composed of four 6-A High Schools:
Americas High El Dorado High Montwood High Socorro High
one 5-A High School:
nine Middle Schools:
Clarke Middle Ensor Middle Montwood Middle Sanchez Middle Slider Middle Socorro Middle Sun Ridge Middle Spc. Raphael Hernando Middle SSG. Manuel R. Puentes Middle
and six K-8 Schools:
Bill Sybert School Desert Wind School Ernesto Serna School Jane Hambric School John Drugan School Paso Del Norte School
The Socorro ISD Athletic Department operates out of the Student Activities Complex (SAC) located at 1300 Joe Battle Blvd. in El Paso, Texas. It is a state of the art facility with a seating capacity of 11,000 and is equipped with a granular-infill synthetic turf sports field. It also has an all weather eight lane track where elite track meets are held. It is used primarily by Socorro ISD students, athletes, coaches, staff, and administration for athletic events such as football games, soccer games, track meets, championship events for our elementary volunteer after school sports program, and Special Olympics.
The SAC is also used by the Fine Arts Department for band competitions, mariachi concerts, and other performing events. Graduation ceremonies for all the Socorro ISD high schools are held at the SAC at the end of the school year. The SISD Regional Education Recreational Facility (Aquatics Center) is located at the south side of the SAC at 1257 Southview. It consists of an indoor competition eight lane 25 yard pool, a recreational pool, water slides, a whirlpool, and a party room. It also has an outside recreational pool with water slides and a children’s play area. The Aquatic Center is used by SISD students, athletes, employees, and members of the community for events such as water aerobics, lap swimming, competitive swimming practice, UIL swim meets, 3rd grade Learn to Swim lessons, adaptive physical education swimming, club swimming team practice, and public recreational swimming. The Athletic Department also oversees the health and physical education for the entire district. It assists with curriculum needs and information updates and is in charge of all staff development training.
Phone (915) 937-0505 - Fax (915) 937-0503
1300 Joe Battle Blvd., El Paso, TX 79936