School Counseling Vision:
The Myrtle Cooper Elementary comprehensive School Counseling program fosters a culture of continuous collaboration, commitment and envisions a future where students are successful learners, goal-setters, and productive citizens at school and their community. Our Pirates embody the grit and resilience to overcome the complexities of life and reach success in all future endeavors.
School Counseling Mission
The mission of Myrtle Cooper Elementary is to foster a safe environment that will empower multi-cultural learners through their academic development, personal and social growth, and career exploration to achieve academic excellence. The school counselors advocate for an equitable and accessible program to grow individuals that will positively impact our global society.
Myrtle Cooper Counselors believe:
- We believe all students can be outstanding into their future equipped with skills they have learned through guided lessons, groups, and activities
- We believe all students can be academically successful
- We believe all students have dignity and worth
- We believe each student is unique with special abilities, talents, and interests that must be recognized and nurtured.
- We believe the counseling program requires collaboration when planning, managing, delivering and evaluating from all stakeholders in order to be successful.
- We believe in developing positive relationships with our students and serve as their advocate.