SGT. Roberto Ituarte Elementary School Comprehensive Counseling Program
Welcome to Great School Year!
"To accomplish great things, we must not only ACT but also DREAM, not only dream but also BELIEVE."-Anatole France
The school counselors at SGT. Roberto Iturate (RIE) strongly support and believe:
- All students are provided a safe, learning environment to thrive to their maximum personal, social, and academic potential.
- All students can achieve, have the ability to learn, be successful and attend college.
- All students can overcome obstacles to learning with a comprehensive, response to intervention counseling program that meets their developmentally appropriate curriculum in the academic, personal-social, and career domains.
- All students are capable of establishing positive, interpersonal relationships that motivate them to achieve success.
- All students have access to a comprehensive data-driven counseling program, which implements targeted areas for continuous student success.
- RIE counselors are advocates, and leaders in the school community who collaborate with all stalkholders.
- RIE counselors will treat each student as if they were our own.
- RIE counselors facilitate the counseling program's management, delivery and evaluation.
- RIE counseling program involves ALL stakeholders in the planning and goal-setting.
- RIE Counselors exemplify the ethical standards set forth by the American School Counseling Association (ASCA), and Socorro Independent School District (SISD).
- The home and school connection, including strong parental bonds and volunteers are valuable factors to a successful outcome for all students.
All students at SGT. Roberto Ituarte Elementary are contributing advocates and leaders that actively challenge thenselve to make a difference in their school, community, and world. Every student pssesses integrity and empathy to positively impact our diverse society. Students will develop a strong mindset and the necessary resiliency skills to reach excellence in their personal/social, academic and future post-secondary planning.
District and School Vision Statement:
Tomorrow's Leaders Learning Today
Our Vision for students is aligned with the American School Counseling Association (ASCA), Socorro Independent School District (SISD), and SGT. Roberto Ituarte Elementary
The mission of the SGT. Roberto Ituarte Elementary School counseling program is to provide equity, access and success to all students through a comprehensive, developmentally appropriate, and data driven program that advocates for students’ academic, career, and personal/social needs. This will be accomplished with the collaboration of stakeholders to enable students to reach their personal and academic long-range goals and become successful life-long learners.
District and School Mission Statement:
The Mission of the Socorro Independent School District is to optimize our students' academic, artistic, athletic and interpersonal skills.
Our Mission for students is aligned with the American School Counseling Association (ASCA), Socorro Independent School District (SISD), and SGT. Roberto Ituarte Elementary School (RIE).
Philosophy of Counseling:
The start of the year is always filled with a lot of anticipation, new goals and positive, healthy challenges. Our main focus/objective is to work with the students/families of this community and to better meet our students individual needs. In addition, we"ll be working with our great team of teachers and striving to help make a positive difference in your child's life.