Watch your weight
The weight and size of your mail piece are important factors in determining the postage price you pay. In general, the heavier, larger, or bulkier the mail piece, the more it costs to mail.
- Design mail pieces to meet letter-size dimensions
- You have a lot of flexibility to create mailings of different sizes and still qualify for the lower letter size rates
- Use your weight wisely
- Duplex printing, lighter paper stock, smaller inserts- all of these can help reduce weight without cutting down on content.
- Prioritize messaging
- Assess the specific benefits of including any extra inserts that will push you into a higher-priced tier.
- Consider two-sided printing to reduce mail piece weight- and reduce paper costs as well.