Monday - Friday
7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
James P. Butler Elementary Counseling Belief
- All students are scholars and all scholars have the ability to achieve high levels of learning that make them college and career ready with academic and social skills needed for success.
- All scholars have inner strength to develop competence and confidence to treat self and others with respect.
- All scholars should be a part of a growth-mindset culture where they never fail; they either win or learn.
- All scholars should be addressed in a developmentally appropriate manner.
- All decisions should be made on what is best for scholars as we advocate for them.
- All stakeholders share responsibility for scholar growth.
- School counselors use ASCA ethical standards and data to make decisions to work with the campus community in a collaborative environment.
- School counselors believe it takes a team effort to create a successful counseling program including our Counselor Advisory Committee that helps to plan, manage, deliver and evaluate the school counseling program activities.
The scholars at James P. Butler will aquire the knowledge, skills, and attitudes to reach their fullest potential and successfully manage thier lives as healthy, responsible, comptent, and productive citizens in the 21st century who respect themselves and others.
Our mission supports school systems that focus on academic, career, and personal/social development to ensure that every scholar benefits from a school counseling program that is comprehensive in scope, preventative in design, and developmental in nature to inspire dedication and greatness. The school counseling program prepares every scholar for a life of significance, including meaningful relationships and leadership skills while equipping them with a solid academic foundation.
Olweus Bullying Prevention Program
Bullying is when someone repeatedly and on purpose says or does mean or hurtful things to another person who has a hard time defending himself or herself. It could also be one significant act.
- We will not bully others.
- We will try to help scholars who are bullied.
- We will try to include scholars who are left out.
- If we know that somebody is being bullied, we will tell and adult at school and an adult at home until the bullying ends.