Computer Use At Montwood Middle SchoolThe S.I.S.D. system has not been established as a public access service or a public forum. S.I.S.D. has the right to place reasonable restrictions on the material you access or post through the system. You are also expected to follow the rules set forth in the Student Code of Conduct (SCC), Board Policy and the law in your use of S.I.S.D.’s System.
- All students will, with parental approval, have access to Internet World Wide Web information resources through their classroom, library, or school computer lab.
- Students will have e-mail access only with parental approval.
- You and your parent must sign an AUP to be granted an individual e-mail account and Internet World Wide Web access on the S.I.S.D. system. Your parents can withdraw their approval at anytime.
The following uses of the S.I.S.D. system are considered unacceptable:
1. Illegal Activities
2. System Security
- You will not attempt to gain unauthorized access to the S.I.S.D. system or to any other computer system through the district or go beyond your authorized access. This includes attempting to log in through another person’s account or access another person’s files. These actions are illegal, even if only for the purpose of “browsing”.
- You will not make deliberate attempts to disrupt the computer systems or destroy data by spreading computer viruses or by any other means. These actions are illegal.
- You are responsible for your individual account and should take all reasonable precautions to prevent other from being able to use your account. Under no conditions should you provide your password to another person.
- You will immediately notify a teacher or the system administrator if you have identified a possible security problem. Do not go looking for security problems, because this may be construed as an illegal attempt to gain access.
3. Inappropriate Language
- Restrictions against Inappropriate Language apply to public messages, private messages, and material posted on Web pages.
- You will not use obscene, profane, lewd, vulgar, rude, inflammatory, threatening, or disrespectful language.
- You will not post information that could cause damage or a danger of disruption.
- You will not engage in personal attacks, including prejudicial or discriminatory attacks.
- You will not harass another person. Harassment is persistently acting in a manner that distresses or annoys another person. If you are told by a person to stop sending those messages, you must stop.
Last Modified on August 4, 2017