Traffic Safety Notice
SCHOOL HOURS are from 7:00 AM to 3:30 PM.
For safety reasons, students should arrive to school after 7:00 AM because there is no one available to supervise children until this time. Front doors will remain locked until that time.
Parents are required to make arrangements to have their child picked up at 3:15 PM to 3:30 PM.
Any students who have not been picked up by 3:30 PM will be brought to the cafeteria. Those picking up after 3:30 PM will have to report to the Main Office and speak to the Principal or Assistant Principal to sign their child out with an ID.
DISMISSAL PROCEDURES for 2nd, 3rd, 4th, & 5th Grade Students
- Students are walked out to the front of the school by their teacher at 3:15 PM. All students are required to stay with their teacher unless they have written permission to walk home, ride the bus or be picked up by a daycare provider. Please see the map below for the pick-up location.
- Students will stay outside in front of the school with their teacher until 3:30 PM. After 3:30 PM, teachers will follow the “School Hours” policy above.
- Bus students will report to the Cafeteria and will be escorted by a teacher to their bus upon its arrival.
- Day Care Van students will report to the front lobby area located by the front office to get in their respective lines and will be picked up by the day care driver. Please fill out permission slip to communicate which day care is authorized.
- Walkers are required to have written parent permission and will walk out to the front of the school with their class and will be released by their teachers. Students who have permission, will be instructed to walk home directly.
If you plan to pick up or drop off your child by car, please adhere to the following procedures:
- For Grades Pre-Kinder, Kindergarten, and 1st Grade:
- DO NOT PICK UP OR DROP OFF YOUR CHILD WITHOUT PARKING.
- Park in the parking lot or side street where you are not blocking traffic.
- If your child is in Pre-K, Kinder, or 1st Grade, please accompany your child in the parking lot. Children will not be permitted to meet you in the parking lot.
- For Grades 2, 3, 4, 5 (without getting out of your car):
- DO NOT PICK UP OR DROP OFF YOUR CHILD IN THE MIDDLE OF THE STREET.
- Please drive your car along the sidewalk in the front of the building.
- Remain waiting in your car since the sign states “No Parking.”
- Be sure your child knows where you plan to pick them up at dismissal.