Academic Compliance Officer
Office Hours: 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
Extended hours by appointment
Cory Craft started his career in education in 1995 as an elementary classroom teacher. Since then, Mr. Craft has taught in middle school, high school, and community college in such subjects as: ESL, History, Government and Economics. In addition to teaching, Cory has served as a Coach, Official, Head Counselor, Dean, and District Administrator overseeing the Guidance and Counseling Department in Houston ISD with its 280 schools. In addition to his work experience, Cory holds both a bachelor’s and master’s degree along with multiple certifications. Mr. Craft joined Team SISD for the 2013 –2014 school year in the newly created position of Academic Compliance Officer. This position has allowed him to share his diversified and varied expertise in many areas of the educational sector and provide close support to all of the SISD stakeholders. Mr. Craft is from San Diego, California but has spent his educational career in the great state of Texas. He is the proud father of two boys John and Luke.
The Academic Compliance Officer supports schools with:
- Foreign student placements
- Awarding of credits for students form out of state/country
- Grading policies and procedures
- Attendance and Loss of Credit
- Registrar and Counseling partnerships
- Leaver support systems
- Periodic audits and reviews
- Academic policies and procedures
- Parent and community presentations
- College and Career Readiness
- Special Projects