Inclement Weather Procedures
Inclement weather can include conditions involving rain, lightning, hail, strong winds, dust storms, and extremely high or low temperatures. Teachers, students and parents will follow the following inclement weather procedures:
- Scholars, teachers, and staff will be allowed to enter the building through the nearest doors.
- Scholars will not be counted tardy.
- Late start or school cancellation is announced by the district via news media, global call out, and district web page. Administration will follow district procedures.
- Coaches will call inclement weather for lunch.
- Coaches will set up indoor activities in the gym.
- For severe strong winds; classes from the portables will move to the computer labs.
- Inclement weather will be announced by administration.
- Scholars will be dismissed from their classroom.
- Portable classrooms will dismiss from the computer labs.
- Parents will be allowed to go to classrooms to pick up their children.
- Scholars that normally walk home will be allowed to call parents to see if any special arrangements have been made.