Pebble Hills High School Library
Circulation Desk: (915) 937-9447/ (915) 937-9448Library Hours of OperationMonday through Friday 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
General Policies and Procedures
1. A current PHHS picture I.D. is required for all check-outs (book & periodicals checkouts) including computers. Sorry, there are no exceptions to this policy.
2. Students must have an PHHS pass, signed by their teacher, when coming to the library during class time.
3. Regular fiction and non-fiction books may be checked out for a two week period with one renewal. A total of 5 books may be checked out at a time. Items may be renewed one time. Late items will be charged a fee of $0.05 per day per item. Items may be renewed before the due date to avoid fees. (Reference materials do not circulate.)
4. Audiovisual materials may be checked out for a one week period with one renewal. Only certain audiovisual materials may be checked out. Check with your library staff. A $0.25 fee per day per item will be charged for late audiovisual items.
5. Magazines and newspapers may be checked out overnight with one renewal. A $0.10 fee per day per item will be charged for late periodical items.
6. Please return books on time. Due dates are noted on each item. Overdue notices are automatically sent to the school e-mail address. Check your e-mail regularly. Items may be renewed before their due date.
7. Fines, lost material charges and damage fees will block students from circulating materials outside the library.
8. The library catalog is now online. You may access the catalog from any Internet connection from the SISD web page or from the Pebble Hills High School Library page. Your account can also be assessed through our catalog. See the library staff for your Library ID and PIN.Note: Items may be requested not only from the Pebble Hills High School library, but from other Socorro schools as well. See your library staff to request items from other schools. The library staff from the other school will determine whether or not we may borrow the item. When your item becomes available, you will also receive an e-mail.
7. Computers may be checked out before school, during lunch and after school for personal use as defined and limited by the district’s Acceptable Use Policy as well as campus use policies. A current PHHS student ID is required.
8. Lunch time access may be restricted if the library is being used by classes or for other scheduled activities.
9. Food, beverages and gum are not allowed in the library.
10. Telephones are for staff use only.
11. Electronic devices, such as iPods, iPads, tablets, cell phones and laptop computers, may be used in the library for purposes of instruction and learning. Students must follow PHHS's wireless network policy.Teacher InformationScheduling Classeso In order to schedule classes in the library for instructional purposes, teachers must see Mrs. Martinez or Ms. Tafoya to plan an upcoming lesson.
o There are two areas in the library that can be used to schedule a class: the computer area called the Electronic Information Center (EIC) or the Classroom area. When scheduling a class, please specify the area that is being requested.
o We require class scheduling at least 1 week in advance. Classes will be scheduled according to available library resources and the number of classes scheduled at that time.
o Be prepared to stay with your class during library visits. You may not schedule substitutes to supervise your classes in the library. We need your knowledge of the students and the assignment to ensure a successful learning experience for all students.
Audio-Visual Materials & Equipmento AV equipment is requested through the circulation desk. A one (1) week notice is required for all AV equipment requests. Any material checked out is the sole responsibility of the teacher/patron; therefore, it is strongly advised that he/she return all materials in person. AV equipment that is available for circulation includes:
o Due to the limited amount of equipment, it is necessary to request in advance to ensure its availability.o Please do not leave equipment in the classroom overnight unless authorized by the library staff. Any equipment left in the classroom overnight needs to be locked away.Only videos that have been approved by the principal and not rated “R” can be shown.Note: Look under "Library Forms" for the Video/DVD Permission Formo Laminating and Posters will be done for a fee for faculty & staff. Please refer to Price Guide for more information.o We request that you write your name on the materials that need lamination.
- FLIP cameras
- Overhad projectors
- VCR/DVD combos
- Digital cameras
3 iPad Carts
2 DELL C.O.W.S
Die Cut Machine
o You will be notified by e-mail or phone call when your materials are ready for pickup.