Notice from the Principal
We will be running Loss of Credit (LOC) reports on a weekly basis and scheduling individual meetings as needed.
Please do not accumulate LOC (absences) this semester.
Attend Today, Achieve Tomorrow.
Proud Principal of Americas HS
Email Nancy Torres
Spring Intersession Break
Spring Break will be held from March 6-20, 2023
Intersession Tutoring & Camps March 6-10, 2023
Click HERE for Bus Route Info
Classes will resume Tuesday, March 21st
Americas 2023 Yearbooks For Sale
Buy your Americas High School 2023 Yearbook for $80, at www.yearbookforever.com.
Spring 2023 Loss of Credit (LOC)
Saturdays 8:00 am - 12:00 pm in the UCL Lab
February 25, 2023
March 6 – March 10, 2023
8 am – 4 pm (Intersession Week)
March 25, 2023
April 1, 2023
April 15, 2023
April 22, 2023
April 29, 2023
May 6, 2023
May 13, 2023
News and Info for Seniors
Senior Class Mandatory Parent Meeting
January 18th, 5:30-6:30 p.m. (cafeteria)
(No need to register for this event. All senior parents must attend if they did not attend the senior meetings in December 2022).
June 10th, 5 p.m.- UTEP Don Haskins Arena
Seniors Choosing to Keep Laptops
For all seniors choosing to keep his or her laptop, students must complete the following items by May 8, 2023:
- All usage fees must be paid for all four years, totaling $100 (this is regardless of if you have been at Americas all four years of school).
- Pay $10 transfer of ownership fee on My School Bucks or in the AHS Business Office
- Ensure all repair or fees / lost stolen fees are paid on My School Bucks or in the AHS Business Office
- Back up all files you want to keep on a thumb drive or an external cloud – not the SISD One Drive (your laptop will be completely wiped)
- Complete the Transfer of Ownership Agreement in the student's Tyler account. Look for the e-form highlighted in yellow.
- Turn in the laptop to the librarians for removal of district firewalls either on May 25th or May 26th in the student's English classes.
- Students will be notified by the all system when to pick up the device. All devices must be picked up within 30 days of the initial call out.
College, Career, Job Expo
SISD sophomores, juniors and seniors are invited to SISD's annual College, Career, Job Expo.
Date: March 20
Time: 12:30 PM - 3:30 PM
Location: Montwood High School
Students will be able to speak with colleges, technical schools, military representatives, local business and industry partners to explore future career opportunities.
Students may interview with potential employers for summer jobs and internships.
Military Families Conference
Date: April 1, 2023
Time: 8:00 AM - 1:30 PM
Location: Socorro ISD District Service Center
Address: 12440 Rojas Dr, El Paso, TX 79928
Breakfast and lunch will be provided for all attendees.
Childcare will be available for children 3-12.
To register, please call Jackie Gutierrez at 915-937-0345 or email Jackie Gutierrez. Registration closes March 24.
Military Families Conference Invitation
Schoology Parent Accounts
SISD parents are able to connect to their child's courses, teachers and campus in our Learning Management System (LMS), Schoology.
Read more about our Schoology Parent launch
Schoology Parent Support Center
Free Tax Income Prep
High school students are offering free tax prep services to SISD community members that make under $85,000 a year and filing 1040 EZ, 1040 A, or 1040 forms. Services are offered now through April 13 at SISD high schools.