Robert R Rojas Library Expectations
Robert R. Rojas Library Expectations
Book Check Out
- 2-week loan period; if a student wishes to recheck out the book, they must bring it to the library and it will be renewed.
- Pre-Kinder and Kinder teachers check out books for their class.
- 4th-1st Grade may check out up to 2 books at a time.
- 5th Grade may check out up to 3 books.
- Parents can check out up to 5 books for their students if they have an account at our library.
- May check out any library item.
- 3-week loan period for print material.
- Items may be rechecked for additional 3-weeks.
Fines and Rules
- We encourage all students to be responsible and return books to school on the day their class is scheduled for the library.
- No late fines charged to any student in Kinder – 5th Grade.
- Students are charged fees if there is a lost or damaged book checked out under their name.
- Students are not to lend books to others under any circumstances. The student who checks out the book is responsible for any damage or loss that may occur if the book is lent to others.
- Students will not be reimbursed for payment of a lost book if the book was reordered; this usually occurs within 2 weeks of payment.
- Students with any overdue books will not be allowed to check out additional books.
- Students should always check the condition of books before borrowing and leaving the library. Any book that is returned damaged will be charged to the last borrower.
Library Rotation Schedule
- Prek visits the library weekly and engages in story time.
- K - 5th grade classes are on a 2-week rotation block.
- Kinder, 1st and 2nd grade classes are on the A-schedule.
- 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade classes ae on the B-schedule.
Library Hours for Checking Out/In Books
- 7:15 AM to 8:00 AM
- On library pass from teacher
- 3:15 - 4:00 p.m., Wednesday and Friday
Due to unforeseen events, times are subject to change.
Faculty and staff may use the SISD inter-library loan system to borrow books from other campuses. Please make written or email requests to Ms. Gomez or Ms. Jimenez.