Counseling Center Overview
The vision of the school counseling program at O’Shea Keleher Elementary is to develop happy individuals who contribute to society in a way that internally motivates them to always strive for continuous improvement; whether it be in their career, family, or social-emotional avenues. The needs of all students are addressed through a curriculum that shapes their personalities in which will help them to become productive, model citizens who contribute to a changing world.
The mission of the school counseling program at O’Shea Keleher Elementary is to provide support through a comprehensive, engaging, student-centered curriculum that maximizes each students’ potential in their academic, social-emotional, and career development. In partnership with educators, parents, and a caring community; school counselors will advocate for a nurturing environment needed to create successful problem-solving, lifelong learners.
- Every student can learn, and every student can succeed.
- Every student should have access to and opportunity for a high-quality education.
- Every student should graduate from high school prepared for postsecondary opportunities.
- Every student should have access to a comprehensive school counseling program.
- Effective school counseling is a collaborative process involving school counselors, students, families, teachers, administrators, other school staff, and education stakeholders.
- School counselors are leaders in the school, district, state, and nation
- Comprehensive school counseling programs promote and enhance student academic, career, and social/emotional outcomes.