What is the STAAR?
Click on the link below to learn more about the STAAR assessment.
STAAR Parent Presentation-English
STAAR Parent Presentation-Spanish
Preparing for STAAR
Familiarize yourself with the assessed curriculum, listed by grade level and subject at: www.tea.state.tx.us/student.assessment/staar/
- Make the most of the curriculum resources and/or events that may be offered by your student’s school.
- Know the STAAR testing dates for your student’s grade level.
- Help your student get a good night’s sleep before the test.
- Make sure your student eats a healthy breakfast on the testing day.
- Reassure your student that he/she can be successful on STAAR.
- Look ahead to the next grade levels requirements to better prepare your child for academic success.
- Review work that your child brings home looking for how improvements can be made.
Helpful STAAR Student Resources
IXL math https://www.ixl.com/signin/purpleheart
Education Galaxy http://educationgalaxy.com/