Tomorrow's Leaders Learning and Growing Today.
Every El Dorado High School scholar will optimize their academic, artistic, athletic, and interpersonal skills to become resilient members of their community.
BELIEFSEl Dorado High School Counselors Believe:
- Every scholar can learn, and every scholar can succeed.
- Every scholar has access to and an opportunity for a high quality education.
- Every scholar is prepared for post-secondary opportunities upon graduation.
- Every scholar has access to the comprehensive Aztec Counseling Program.
- Effective school counseling is a collaborative process involving school counselors, students, families, teachers, administration and education stakeholders.
- School counselors are leaders in school, district, state and nation.
- Comprehensive school counseling programs promote and enhance student academics, career and social/emotional outcomes.
The El Dorado High School Comprehensive Counseling program will:
All of the counselors at El Dorado High School will:
- Function as a collaborative team to meet the academic, personal/social needs, & college and career readiness of all students
- Collaborate and communicate with scholars, parents, administration, staff and the community to increase equity and access to opportunities
- Be a comprehensive data-driven counseling program based on the changing needs of our diverse student body
- Advocate for all scholars.
- Maintain the ethical standards of the American School Counseling Association and the policies of the Socorro Independent School District
- Routinely evaluate program goals to ensure the needs of the students are being met
- Participating in professional development is essential to maintaining a quality counseling program