SISD Distinguished Library Administrator Award
This award recognizes administrators for their continued support of library services.
- Any current SISD Administrator is eligible to be nominated for this award.
- Administrators may be nominated by any SISD employee.
- Nomination applications will be submitted to Marcy Sparks, Library Services Coordinator, via email. (email@example.com)
- Nomination applications are due by October 31, 2018.
- The SISD Library Brags committee will judge all applications and submit their top three nominations. The Department of Technology will select the final winner.
- The winning administrator will represent SISD in the Texas Library Association’s Distinguished Library Service Award for School Administrators and, if applicable, the American Association of School Librarians’ Distinguished School Administrator Award.
- The winning administrator will work with Marcy Sparks and the Library Brags committee to submit the proper nomination application to TLA (and/or AASL) for review.
Winners of the TLA Distinguished Library Service Award will be honored at the Texas Library Association Conference during the Texas Bluebonnet Award luncheon. Winners of the AASL Distinguished School Administrator Award will be honored at a ceremony during the American Library Association’s Annual Conference and receive a $2,000 monetary award sponsored by ProQuest.
Each nominee will be judged on the following 6 criteria: (four pages limit)
- Describe how the nominee establishes a campus or district culture that sets high expectations, promotes learning, and creates an understanding of the library as an integral part of the learning process.
- Describe how the nominee promotes varied reading projects and reading at both professional and student levels.
- Describe how the nominee supports library policies, innovation in library programming, and/or professional collaboration.
- Describe how the nominee advocates for the integration of technology, as well as participation in state and national technology initiatives in the library, school, or district.
- Describe how the nominee assisted in the development and implementation of a comprehensive program of parent and community relations that relate to the library.
- Photos and links to Twitter posts (and other social media) should be included.