Team SISD students develop talent, skill, and appreciation for art and culture through the award-winning fine arts programs in the district. The diverse programs engage students in real-world, educational and competitive settings where they can fine-tune their skills, and showcase their talent at district, community and UIL events. SISD fine arts programs earn consistent recognition at the local and state level.
- SISD students were the first in the city to display their work at the El Paso Museum of Art.
- Four mariachi groups qualified for the UIL State Mariachi Festival.
- Two marching bands advanced to the UIL state contest.
- SISD has had 26 TMEA All-State musicians in the last three years.
- SISD earned the NAMM Best Communities in Music Education Award for two years running.
FINE ARTS PROGRAMS OFFERED IN SISD
SISD students in all grade-levels from elementary to high school can participate in diverse fine arts programs. The opportunities are varied and enriching, giving students experience in unique programs such as piano, guitar, mariachi, fiddle, digital art – photography, design and animation, and ballet, just to name a few. SISD is the only area school district that offers theater production at the middle school level, including UIL One Act Play competition. SISD’s elementary fine arts program consists of an engaging music, art and theater collaboration giving the district’s youngest students a strong foundation in the arts. The fine arts programs available in SISD are:
Art Guitar Band Mariachi Choir Orchestra Dance/Drill Team Piano Color Guard Theater