Degrees and Certifications:
Ms. Lucero Miranda-Reid, Principal
- Our campus has earned a National Blue Ribbon status
- Won a State Championship in Baseball and a Hollywood film was made depicting our student’s road to the Championship.
- The first high school in the district to provide our students with a computer to ensure their preparation for the university and or world of work.
- Our campus provides the following pathways for our Bulldogs:
- Medical academy
- Fire tech academy
- Bulldogs Early College where students can earn their Associates Degree in high school
- Culinary arts
- Criminal justice
- Project Lead The Way (engineering)
- UIL athletics
- A bond was passed in 2017 that includes funding for a new 21st Century campus.
- Raising our attendance rate to 95% from 93.79%.
- To continue the two years of growth on our End of Course exams. The targets will include an increase in English 1 to 65%, Algebra 90%, Biology 90%, English II 70% and US History 98%.
- To have 100% of our seniors graduate in 2021.
- National Blue Ribbon School
- Campus for Technology
- Baseball State Championship
Socorro High School End of Course scores have increased for three consecutive years along with our graduation rate. Last year Socorro High School had 29 of the top 100 scholar who brought in 14 million dollars in scholarships. In athletics, our Cross Country teams, soccer, and baseball teams have established a rich tradition of advancing into the play-off. During our first 9-week grading period, 29.5% of our Bulldogs were part of the A and A/B Honor Roll. Our band earned a rating of 1 and advanced into Area competition. Finally, our faculty and staff have been working on acknowledging all of our Bulldogs and have done over 1,000 home visits the past 2 years. Currently our school is on an upward spiral with all sign pointing in the right direction…know that the BEST is yet to come!