Degrees and Certifications:
Ms. Garcia, Daisy
Hueco Elementary is committed to a partnership with our learning community to provide the best education possible to the children of our community
through the acquisition of knowledge in all subjects, as well as through character development.
Welcome to Hueco Elementary! We are so proud to announce that Hueco Elementary is celebrating its 35th year in the Socorro community.
Our Academic Goals for the 2018-2019 School Year:
- Increase our student’s attendance from 96.48% to 98%
- Increase our Student Progress on state accountability by Closing Performance Gaps
- Increase State Distinction Designation from 1 Distinction to 3 Distinctions
2014 - SISD National Excellence in Urban Education Award
2018 - Latino Literacy Project Largest Group Participation
2018 - 21st Century Grant Recipient
2018- TEA STAAR Dinstiction in Science
We have no doubt that we will continue to build stronger partnerships as a community school that will yield exceptional academic excellence! Below, please find activities that are offered here at Hueco to ensure each child has the very best experience while a student at Hueco.
- Social Emotional Learning (SEL)
- Hueco Sol Children’s Orchestra (3rd-5th Grades)
- VASSP Soccer – 6 teams in grades PK-5th in Fall
- VASSP Track- Spring
- National Elementary Honor Society
- After School Basketball & Volleyball
- Girls Volleyball
- Cheerleading (3rd-5th grade)
- Math Bee
- Science Fair
We are very proud to have one of the strongest community partnerships and one of the largest groups of parent volunteers. Below is a list of opportunities available for community members to participate in.
- Monthly Family Nights (Reading, Math, and Science)
- Hueco Volunteer Program
- Latino Literacy Project
- SIT (School Improvement Team)
- Watch DOG DADS Volunteer Program
- VASSP Soccer or Track Coaches
- After-School Volley Ball or Basketball Coaches