Degrees and Certifications:
Ms. Melissa Martinez, Principal
Every child will succeed and will transition to college, career, and life.
- Montwood MS will provide quality programs and services that meet the full range of all scholars’ needs so that they come to school every day ready and able to learn.
- We will provide quality conditions for teaching and lifelong learning and a qualified, caring, diverse, and stable workforce.
- MMS strives to establish parental, family, and community involvement and engagement.
- To continue to allocate enough equitable and sustainable funding to prepare and support our scholars for 21st century skills.
- E.A. Academic Distinction Designations 2018 – Science, ELA/Reading, Postsecondary College Readiness
- E.A. T-STEM Designation Middle Schools 2018
- Fuel-UP to Play 60 Grant 2018- awarded $2000 to the PE department and $2000 to the CNS department.
- E.A. Academic Distinction Designations 2017- Science, ELA/Reading, Social Studies, Postsecondary College Readiness, Top 25% Closing Performing Gaps
- E.A. T-STEM Designation Middle School 2017
- E.A. Academic Distinction Designations 2016- Science, ELA/Reading, Social Studies, Postsecondary College Readiness, Top 25% Closing Performing Gaps
- 2016 FLL Project Presentation Recognition and FLL Championship Robotics Team (UTEP Invitational) advancing the team to FLL World Fest in Houston, TX
- E.A Academic Distinction Designations 2015- Science, ELA/Reading, Mathematics, Postsecondary College Readiness, Top 25% Closing Performing Gaps
- E.A Academic Distinction Designations 2014 ELA/Reading, Science, Mathematics, Top 25% Student Progress, Top 25% Closing Performing Gaps
- MMS established the Advance via Individual Determination (AVID) program in the Fall of 2013 and has since served five cohorts of students.
- MMS established the SYNERGI4 Academy in the Spring of 2015 with the induction of the first cohort of students that began their journey in the Fall of 2015.
- MMS established an ESL Academy that serves students during the academic support class with an established curriculum that includes Rosetta Stone and a D.E.A.R. initiative.
- MMS Fine Arts programs have received numerous awards at UIL competitions and other city events. The fine art program is inclusive of Band, Piano, Theatre Arts, Choir, Art and Orchestra.
- MMS Athletic programs have supported developing our scholars into great athletes, many continuing with their athletic endeavors in high school and college.