Degrees and Certifications:
Valerie Hairston, Principal
Hernando Middle School is committed to developing a community of globally aware, life-long learners by...
- Using research-based practices to ensure high levels of learning for all.
- Working collaboratively.
- Providing a safe, caring, and motivating environment.
- Obtain 7 Stars of Distinction from TEA.
- Obtain Notional Recognition from the American School Counseling Association.
- As a campus our academic goal is to rank at the top of all SISD Middle Schools and in the top tier of our state comparative group in all state accountable areas.
- Ensure a safe and supportive learning environment for all students.
- To ensure competitive athletic, fine arts, and academic programs.
- 5 Stars of Distinction from TEA
- Counselors earn Gold Award by the Lone Star State School Counselor Association
- 6th and 8th Grade Team Quest to Regionals
- 2017 Hernando was named a Texas school to watch campus.
- Academic Achievement was awarded in Mathematics, Science, Social Studies, top 25 Percent Closing Performance Gaps, and in Postsecondary Readiness.
- Only SISD Middle School to be in MYP IB Candidacy Phase.
- Our AVID program provides students with skills to be college and career ready.
- Our fine arts programs continually achieve the highest ratings in their respective areas.
- Athletic programs have seen various district championships during the past year. Including our undefeated 2018 8th Grade Football and undefeated 7th grade girls Basketball.
- Several students placed individually in UIL competitions, which contributed to an overall 3rd place for the campus.