Degrees and Certifications:
Leslie Thomas, Principal
We commit to working together in promoting critical thinking, collaboration, and building character towards the academic success and well-being of each scholar.
- To provide a safe learning environment conducive to meeting the social and emotional needs of all scholars through Social/Emotional Learning and Positive Behavior Interventions and Supports.
- To provide quality instruction around our academic framework which includes a focus on mastering the essential knowledge and skills, building positive character and scholarly habits, and promoting critical thinking and collaboration in a blended learning environment.
- To build a collaborative culture of a Professional Learning Community for both staff and scholars.
- To build partnerships within our community through community service projects with organizations.
- To increase community engagement through our campus programs.
- 2005 Region XIX Assistant Principal of the Year
- 2008 SISD Administrator of the Year
- Region XIX TEPSAN of the Year
- 2018 TEPSA President-Elect
- Assistant Principal at Vista Del Sol Elementary School, 2002-2007: TEA Exemplary Campus
- Principal at Elfida P. Chavez School, 2007-2015: TEA Exemplary School, Five Distinctions
- Principal at Jane A. Hambric K-8 School, 20015-2018: TEA rating, “B”, Three Distinctions
2022-2023 PLC School Theme:
“CTE Always on Point”