Sophomre SEC Application
To ensure that Socorro Early College is maximizing the number of seats allowed by our interlocal agreement with El Paso Community College, students may enter Socorro Early College beginning their sophomore year. Students must apply, meet specific criteria, and are accepted on a first come, first serve basis. The Following criteria/guidelines will be used when accepting students into the existing sophomore cohort:
- Enrollment is restricted to students who are currently enrolled at the campus and must live within the SHS attendance zone. (students who are attending an Advanced Academy at a campus other than their home campus are not permitted to apply for the ECHS at their home campus).
- Students who are in the following academies are permitted to be in an ECHS cohort: HPA, Libertas, AAA, Sparta Business Academy.
- Complete application signed by parent and student (incomplete application packets will not be considered)
- Minimum GPA of 85
- Meets or higher on Algebra I EOC, English I EOC, and Biology EOC
- TSI Ready in Reading and Writing
- Completed ApplyTexas
- Have and EPCC ID number
- Have and EA form on file or ready to be completed
- In good standing with El Paso Community College
- Students who have been on LOC will be reviewed on a case by case basis
- No discipline referrals
- Completed Essay
- All Applications due by July 19, 2019 at 4:00 p.m. Applications will be accepted up until this final due date OR until all seats have been filled.
In addition to your application, you will need to submit your official TSI scores, discipline record, attendance record, and transcript. All these items must be included in order to consider your application complete.