Dual Language Academy
Thank you for your interest in Socorro ISD Dual Language Academies!
Parent Information Nights have been scheduled for March 24th, March 25th and March 30th from 5:30 pm.to 6:30 p.m.
For more information please visit our Parent Meetings tab on the left hand side or contact us at 915-937-0364.
Prior to applying student will need a valid Socorro ISD identification number and the online registration process must be completed.
In the SISD Dual Language Academy, students will become bilingual and biliterate in English and Spanish through rigorous instruction and multicultural experiences. Academies will provide dual language students the resources necessary to be academically, socially and linguistically successful in both English and Spanish to become globally competitive citizens.
- Develop high levels of language proficiency and literacy in both languages.
- Demonstrate high levels of academic achievement.
- Develop an appreciation and understanding of diverse cultures.
Why is dual language beneficial for both Spanish and English speakers?
- Students maintain their first language while acquiring a second language.
- Rigorous instruction is provided in both languages.
- Students will become biliterate upon completion of the program.
- Students will be more marketable in the global society.
Why should my child be in a dual language program?
- Provide students the opportunity to communicate and interact with more people around the world.
- Give students the skills and knowledge to function in a global society.
- Raise students’ confidence and self-esteem.
- Close learning gaps.
Myrtle Cooper Elementary
Dr. Sue A. Shook Elementary
Pre-Kindergarten (new for 2020-2021)
2nd Grade (students currently enrolled in the program)
Dual Language Program Model