DNA 1:1 Laptop Initiative
SR DNA Laptop Information
CHECKLIST: I WANT TO KEEP MY DNA LAPTOP
1. Pay $10 Transfer of Ownership fee through the Webstore by May 18th.
2. Be sure all outstanding DNA fee balances have been paid throught the Webstore by May 21st.
3. Click to access the Webstore (Click to watch a video on to use the Webstore).
4. Complete the Transfer of Ownership form in Student Tyler 360 Student indicating that you want to keep the laptop. This step must be completed BEFORE turning in your laptop.
5. Acquire a license key for a personall version of Windows 10; make sure to include the license key number on the Transfer of Ownership Form. Click here for instructions.
6. Record the serial or asset tag number on Transfer of Ownershop Form (asset tag for Lenovos begin with L16 and Dells begin with D0) (the serial number can be found on the bottom of your laptop).
7. Save all files you want to keep on a USB or in a cloud storage before handing it over to be re-imaged because all files and all SISD applications will be removed and the laptop so that it can be reimaged.
8. Bring your laptop to senior walk on June 3rd. Make sure to write your name, ID, and phone number and tape this information to the top of the laptop. Please disinfect the laptop before turning it in. CDC COVID 19 guidelines will be in place.
9. The campus technician, Mr. Balderrama, will contact you when the laptop is ready for pick-up. Make sure to claim the laptop within 30 days.
10. You will need a high school or college email to obtain Microsoft Office Education for a free download (be sure to download your free Microsoft Office Suite into your device after your laptop is returned to you) Here are some steps to guide you through the download process:
- Go to https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/education/products/office
- Put in your SISD email
- Select I’m a student
- If asked for a verification code, put in your SISD password
- If a prompt comes up stating you do not have acces -- just Ignore the prompt, close the window, and log back into the website
- If you do not receive this prompt, go to the waffle in the top left corner.
- Select Office 365 and select download to desktop – running on the web will keep you linked to SISD. Be sure to download your office package soon.
CHECKLIST: I DO NOT WANT TO KEEP MY DNA LAPTOP
1. Ensure all outstanding DNA fees are paid on the Webstore.
2. Click to access the Webstore (Click to watch a video on to use the Webstore).
3. Save any files onto a USB or cloud service.
4. Complete the Transfer of Ownership form in Tyler 360 indicating that you DO NOT want the laptop. This step must be completed BEFORE turning in your laptop.
5. Bring laptop, charger, and case to senior clearance. Please disinfect the laptop before turning it in. CDC COVID 19 guidelines will be in place.
6. All payments and the transfer form must be completed by May 18th.
Not sure if you owe fees? Please contact the Business Manager, Ms. Barajas at 937-2821 or email@example.com You may also contact your librarians at 937-2856 and/or by email at Ms. Hardin firstname.lastname@example.org or Ms. Evans email@example.com
Sr DNA Laptop Procedures Student Paced Nearpod
DNA Parent/Student Information
How to Schedule a Laptop Repair or Pick Up a New Laptop
How to Schedule a Laptop Repair
Please review the following steps:
1) IMPORTANT FIRST STEP: Make an appointment with the library by calling 937-2856 or emailing Ms. Hardin or Ms. Evans
2) AFTER AN APPOINTMENT HAS BEEN MADE:
3) Write student Name, ID, Asset tag on laptop before the laptop is collected.
4) Library staff will collect the laptop and disinfect the device.
5) Another laptop will be issued to the student so make sure to save any files prior to bringing in the non-working laptop.
6) A contract will be emailed to the parent/student if there is not one on file. Email the signed contract to the librarians.
7) A work order will be submitted to the technician. The technician will determine if a cost will be associated with the repair.
8) If the parent/student does not arrive to his/her scheduled appointment, then the parent/student will have to make a new appointment.
*Remember to follow all CDC guidelines by social distancing, wearing a mask, and practicing hand hygiene when dropping off/picking-up your laptop.