Substitute Employment for the 2021-2022 School Year ONLY
The Socorro Independent School District requires a minimum of 30 college semester credit hours for employment. A teaching certificate may be submitted, if applicable. The district also expects substitute teachers to possess the character and moral qualities required of all district employees.
- In order to be a substitute teacher in our district, you must have a minimum of 30 college credit hours from an accredited institution of higher learning.
- Substitute Nurses must meet the requirements as set by the Department of Nursing.
- Substitute Pharmacists must meet the requirements as set by the SISD Employee Health Clinic.
All substitute Teachers, Pharmacists, Administrators and Nurses must apply online.
The Pre-Employment Affidavit is required and must be attached to your online application at the time that the posting closes.
Three letters of recommendation that follow the format below must be emailed or brought into the District Service Center from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
- Dated within the year (MM/DD/YYYY)
- Must be on official business/company letterhead
- Must be signed (No electronic signatures)
Additional Documents Required
- Current Driver's License
- Official Transcript
- Official Social Security Card (Signed)
- You will sign a background form
Daily Pay Rate
Experience Substitute Teachers Pay
30 hours higher education $100
Bachelor’s degree or higher $125
Monday & Friday $150
Experience Nurse Pay
Substitute teachers and substitute nurses can earn a $500 retention for 100 workdays per year.
Handbook and Newsletters
For more information, please contact:
Director of Secondary Staffing
Administrative Specialist I (Substitutes)
Amanda Rey Palafox
Human Resources Specialist