Communities in Schools (CIS) Coordinators
Where students can go for help!
7:30AM-4PM (located inside the campus library)
Briana Castrejon, CIS Program Coordinator
Jackie Ordaz, CIS Program Coordinator
About Our Services
Our mission is to champion the connection of needed community resources with schools to help young people successfully learn, stay in school and prepare for life.
We implement the following six components:
- Educational Enhancement
- Supportive Guidance
- Health and Human Services
- Parental Involvement
- Career Awareness/Employment
CIS Coordinators can help students with:
- Improve their participation in class.
- Feel more confident and better about themselves
- Deal with life issues
- Improve their grades and attendance
- Receive outside assistance
- Improve behaviors and attitudes toward school and life
- Stay in school
- Prepare for college
- Explore career opportunities