Learn about the helpful remote learning tips and free Microsoft Education resources and products for parents, families and guardians. Many students are doing either distance learning or hybrid learning, and parents and families are looking for help in understanding what Microsoft offers in terms of help, guidance, resources and training. Learn the latest tips for online learning, resources for parents using Microsoft Teams, parents with students who have distance learning special education needs, and lots more.
Important Links within the Microsoft Remote Learning for Parents webpage:
Distance learning with Office 365 and Microsoft Teams
Engage your student with easy tools they can use at home—the same industry-leading productivity tools that will take them from kindergarten through college and career. Free for students and educators.
If your child is struggling with remote learning, Microsoft has learning tools that can help.
- Read more about tools that support Special Education
- Tips and tools for focus, time management, and organization
Getting Started Quick Guides
- Getting started with Teams
- Quick start guides for Microsoft 365 apps like Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Getting started with Microsoft 365 video training
- How to use Flipgrid
Quick Start videos
If your child is struggling in a subject area or if they receive special education services, Microsoft has learning tools that can help.
- Reading, writing, and math tools
- More special education tools
- Math tools interactive guide
- Writing tools interactive guide
- Reading tools interactive guide
- Hearing impairment
- Visual impairment
Learn how to foster a dynamic hybrid learning environment with student-centered tools.
- Accessible technologies to help students with disabilities unlock their full potential. Learn more.
- Use Microsoft Teams and Microsoft Translator to host a multilingual parent-teacher conference. Learn more.
- Getting started with Microsoft Learning Tools for parents and guardians. Download the learning tools PDF.
- Tools to support language learners: for parents and guardians. Download the communication tools PDF.
- Tips for Students is a collection of videos and tutorials that lets your child take charge of their own troubleshooting! Learn how to do almost anything in Microsoft Office 365 Education with these short, informative videos.
- Here are one-sheets to download that will help you and your student use Teams: Get started, meetings, and accessibility.