All students at Chester E. Jordan Elementary acquire the knowledge, skills, and attitudes to reach their fullest potential to succeed in academics, college/career and social-emotional readiness. Students successfully manage their lives as healthy, responsible, competent leaders who respect themselves and others. These life-long leaders apply critical-thinking skills and real-world problem-solving skills to be productive citizens who set and meet goals. Through their participation in a comprehensive school counseling program, our students will lead a different, innovative world.
The school counseling department at Chester E. Jordan Elementary provides a school counseling program that empowers all students to discover their potential by providing academic, social/emotional and college/career development to succeed in an ever changing world. ALL of our students, including our high percentage of military, low socio-economic, and special needs populations, have equitable access to a comprehensive school counseling program which provides opportunities in individual, small group counseling, and classroom counseling lessons. By collaborating with students and stakeholders, school counselors advocate for equity, access, and success for ALL students as they develop into future leaders in this new, unprecedented 21st century.
Philosophy of Counseling
Chester E. Jordan Elementary (CEJE) Counselors believe that all students have the opportunity to do their very best in a collaborative environment focused on discovering their inner strengths to develop competence and confidence. Both counselors serve as advocates for student success and provide the appropriate Tiered Support for all students through whole group guidance lessons, support groups and individual counseling. CEJE believes all stakeholders share a responsibility for student growth and development through team work and collaboration.
- The Chester E. Jordan Elementary School Counseling team believes every student can learn, and every student can succeed.
- Every student should have access to an opportunity for a high-quality education.
- Every student should graduate from high school prepared for postsecondary opportunities.
- Every student should have access to a comprehensive school counseling program.
- Effective school counseling is a collaborative process involving school counselors, students, families, teachers, administrators, other school staff and education stakeholders.
- School counselors are leaders in the school, district, state, and nation.
- Comprehensive school counseling programs promote and enhance student academic, career, and social/emotional outcomes.