The Dollar$ for Scholar$ Scholarship has ARRIVED!
Attention AVID Seniors! Sparta now has an in-house scholarship just for AVID students. Apply to be the first ever recipient of the Dollar$ for Scholar$ Scholarship!
A Brief History of AVID Dollar$ for Scholar$
AVID Dollar$ for Scholar$ was founded in February 2022 as a means to provide Pebble Hills High School AVID students with an opportunity to earn an in-house scholarship of $500 to continue their college and career pursuits. This scholarship is sponsored by the campus for the campus, meaning that faculty and staff have provided donations along with AVID fundraisers specifically geared towards raising money to give back to our students.The inaugural recipients of this scholarship will be the graduating Class of 2022. This is SPARTA! This is AVID!
To be considered for the AVID Dollar$ for Scholar$ Scholarship there are a few items that will be required of you to submit and/or meet. Please keep in mind that this is a competitive process and you should always put your best foot forward.
- Must be a Senior AVID student attending Pebble Hills High School
- Must have completed at least 3 full years in an approved AVID Program (Completion of AVID 3 and AVID 4)
- No behavior referrals issued to students within their junior/senior academic school years
- No more than 5 unexcused absenced within senior year (COVID-19 absences should receive clearance by an attendance committee)
- Resume Submission
- (3) Recommendation Forms (Counselor, Teacher, and Extra-Curricular Sponsor)
- Essay Submission with Application
The AVID Dollar$ for Scholar$ Homework. Recommendation Forms.
Don't forget that your application is not complete without your recommendation forms. Download the forms here, send them to a teacher, counselor, and extracurricular sponsor. Give them enough time to complete them for you. No last minute requests. Consider sending them an updated resume.