Art Shows 2022-2023
DEADLINE TO ENTER: October 21, 2022
This contest is open to all students and employees throughout Socorro ISD.
Artwork entries may be two or three-dimensional. All 2-D work must be matted or mounted and hang ready!
Physical submissions will be accepted on October 27-28. All artwork must be turned in to the SISD Fine Arts office located at 12100 Eastlake Dr.
Pop Art is reflective of popular culture. It is representative of mass culture such as advertising, comic books, animated characters, and everyday objects.
This is an opportunity to express yourself through a unique expression of popular icons. Media personalities, and stylized lettering (graffiti).
All entries must contain appropriate content that adheres to Socorro ISD policies and procedures.
For more information, please contact Mr. Jones at email@example.com
Open house November 3, 2022 at District Service Center
Print Those Pics
DEADLINE TO ENTER: August 15, 2022
Socorro ISD it is time to get those pictures off your cell phones and show the world what kind of photographer you are! This contest is open to ALL District employees and current students! All the pictures submitted to the competition must be taken with a cell phone in 2022
The entry requirements are as follows:
1. All individual participants (Adults and Students) will be allowed to enter up to two photographs in the show.
2. All Art Teachers are permitted to enter no more than 6 student entries.
3. All Elementary Art Representatives are allowed to enter up to 12 student entries per campus. All Elementary grade levels should be represented (Pre-K/K, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th)
4. All photographs MUST be printed at 11”x14” in size. They may be printed in either black and white or color.
5. Photos may be manipulated or edited using only a cell phone application.
6. All entries must be framed with a sawtooth, ring hanger, or wire hanger on the back. Frames with out hangers will not be accepted. Please do not use plastic adhesive hangers, they will not hold the weight of the frame.
7. All entries must have a first and last name on the back with grade level, campus or department, and contact information.
8. All Initial Entries Must Be submitted through the “Art Show” Application located in MY.SISD.NET. no later than Monday August 15th.
9. All “Approved” Entries must be physically submitted Aug. 18th -19th at the Fine Arts Office, located in the Ed. Center, at 12100 Eastlake Dr. El Paso, TX 79928
2022 SISD EMPLOYEE ART SHOW!!
September 21, 2022
4:30 pm - 6:30 pm
Employees, Show off your talents!
If you would like to be part of this awesome experience, please read below.
*Only two entries per person will be accepted.
*All Initial Entries must be submitted through the application "Art Show"
application, located in MY.SISD.NET, no later than
Friday September 9th.
All "Approved" Entries must be physically submitted between
September 15 & 16
to the SISD Fine Arts office, located in the Education Center.
at 12100 Eastlake Dr. El Paso, TX 79928
Acceptable forms of visual media include paintings, photograph, sculpture (not more than 40lbs).
ceramics, textiles, drawings, collage, woodwork, and jewelry. Artwork must be an original creation and may not be larger than 36
inches by 36 inches (unless approved by contest administrators). Two-dimensional
works must be matted and backed (ready to hang)