SCHOOLOGY PARENT PORTAL F.A.Q.
What is a Learning Management System?
What is Schoology and Why are Teachers Using it?
Will Schoology replace the Tyler Parent Portal
How will I access Schoology as a Parent?
What is on the Schoology homepage?
Is there a Schoology Mobile App?
How do I login to the Schoology Parent Portal?
Where can I access my Schoology username and password?
What if I forgot/lost my password?
Where can I change my password?
Who do I contact for help?
Customize Your Account Settings
Stay up to date with your child’s Schoology activity using Notifications and/or the Parent Email Digest.
- Notifications: Enable notifications to control how Schoology contacts you about your child’s activities.
- Parent Email Digest: A summary of your child’s Schoology activities delivered straight to your email. It contains information regarding your child’s grades and assignments
Setting up Notifications with Schoology
To set up your notifications, select Settings from the drop-down menu in the upper right-hand corner.
- Select the Notifications tab to access the list of options for turning on/off notifications.
The Schoology website provides you with the option to select your language of preference. Select the English button from the bottom left corner of the Schoology home page. You will be prompted to select a different language.
Setting Up Your Parent Email Digest
The Schoology Parent Email Digest is a summary of your child’s activities delivered right to your inbox. Click the arrow on the top right of Schoology.
- Select a child from the list that appears in the drop-down menu.
- Once you're viewing the child's account, Select Settings.
- From the Notifications tab, you can select to receive one or both of two email summaries:
To receive the Parent Email Digest, select On in your Email Summary menu.
You can receive emails on a Daily or Weekly basis.
- If you choose Daily, you may set a time at which the notification will be sent to your inbox.
- If you choose Weekly, you'll have an additional option to select the day of the week you'd like to receive the email.
FOLLOW THESE SAME STEPS FOR ALL OTHER CHILDREN, AS NEEDED
Viewing Your Child’s Activity
Please note: The academic activity and information you will see in Schoology will depend on the teacher’s use of Schoology in the classroom. If you are not seeing academic information, please contact your child’s teacher to learn if they are using Schoology for classroom instruction.
The grades you will see in Schoology are only a reflection of the tasks assigned in Schoology. The official grade book and grade averages will appear in Tyler Parent Portal.
Click on the arrow in the upper-right corner of your account and select your child’s name to view his or her activity.
- Student Activity area in the center of the page displays your child’s recent submission, grade, and attendance information.
- Toggle into Enrollments in the same area to see a list of the courses your child is currently enrolled in, along with his or her grade. Click on an individual course to see grades received on assignments, tests, and discussions from that course. You will only be able to view your own child’s content.
- Recent Grades area lists graded assignments, tests/quizzes, discussions, and marks for the student. To view, the graded items click the item you'd like to view.
- Overdue section displays a list of course materials your child did not turn in by the due date.
- Upcoming section displays a list of your child’s upcoming assignments and events.
- Courses: You can see a list of your child’s current courses. Click the course name to navigate to the course profile as your child views it.
- Groups: You can see a list of your child’s Schoology Groups. Groups can be used for a variety of activities, from school projects to extracurricular teams and clubs.
- Grades: Depending on the settings in place at your child’s school, this menu provides access to view the following:
- Grade Report: Review your child’s Schoology grades for all courses.
- Calendar: Click to view a calendar of past and upcoming events and assignments. To find out more information regarding a particular event, place your cursor over the title. A clue tip displays the event type (assignment, test/quiz, event), the event's course or group, and the student’s name. Click the event to display profile information in a pop-up window.