Montwood Middle Counseling Department
Email Erica Gonzalez
Email Jessica Campoya
School Counseling Mission Statement:
The mission of Montwood Middle School counseling program is to provide a developmental program to meet the academic, career, and personal/social needs of our student population and to ensure that all students will learn and achieve. In collaboration with students, parents, and our community, the counseling department will foster a comprehensive program that will support student success and prepare students for the world beyond the classroom.
Our primary role as school counselors is to advocate for every student by providing them with the academic and social skills needed to succeed through character-driven lessons, individual counseling, career education, and small group counseling.
- Every student can learn, and every student can succeed.
- Every student should have access to, and opportunity for, a high-quality education.
- Every student should graduate from high school prepared for postsecondary opportunities.
- Every student should have access to a comprehensive school counseling program.
- Effective school counseling is a collaborative process involving school counselors, students, families, teachers, administrators, other school staff and education stakeholders.
- School counselors are leaders in the school, district, state and nation.
- Comprehensive school counseling programs promote and enhance student academic, career and social/emotional outcomes.
All students are important and deserve the opportunity to achieve their highest potential. All students develop academic, career and personal/social skills through classroom guidance, individual planning, responsive services and system support provided by the counseling program.
Areas of Guidance and Counseling for SISD
- College and Career Readiness
- Grief and Trauma
- Technology in Counseling
Last Modified on August 12, 2022