sisd.net Linking Policy
Statement of Purpose
This document outlines the policies for linking to and from sisd.net website(s). The mission of sisd.net is to provide access to government, educational and public information and services that are convenient, efficient, service-oriented, and accessible to everyone.
sisd.net will use the guidelines outlined below to link to information and services in order to provide a public portal that allows citizens to quickly locate and access electronic services and related information. This policy may be updated periodically and it is incumbent upon each visitor to check for the latest information.
Throughout this document unless otherwise specified:
"sisd.net operation" means the sisd.net operation of the Department of Technology Services or Enterprise Services, Socorro Independent School District.
"sisd.net" refers to any content or applications residing on the Socorro Independent School District domains; or the Department of Technology Services, sisd.net operation;
"sisd.net domains" refer to the following: https://www.sisd.net, http://www2.sisd.net, http://www.sisd.k12.edu, https://my.sisd.net and https://mail.sisd.net. SISD may establish additional domains without notice and this policy shall apply accordingly.
Links to sisd.net
Advance permission to link to sisd.net is not necessary. However, be aware that sisd.net pages may change at any time without notice. Entities and individuals linking to sisd.net must continuously verify links to our pages.
Entities and individuals linking to sisd.net shall not capture sisd.net pages or page elements such as graphics within frames or as page elements, present sisd.net content as its own, or otherwise misrepresent sisd.net content. Furthermore, they shall not misinform users about the origin or ownership of sisd.net content. Certain information on sisd.net may be trademarked, service-marked, or otherwise protected as intellectual property. Protected intellectual property must be used in accordance with state and federal laws and must reflect the proper ownership of the intellectual property.
Any link to the sisd.net site should be a full forward link that passes the client browser to sisd.net unencumbered. The "back" button should return the visitor to original site if the visitor wishes to back out.
Links from sisd.net
This section outlines the criteria and requirements that external web sites must meet to have a link from sisd.net. It also details how links are accepted and removed from sisd.net.
sisd.net reserves the right to link to external web sites that it feels would provide a service to the citizen.
sisd.net links to web sites that provide government information and services that benefit Socorro Independent School District (SISD) students, parents, employees and other parties that may visit the site. At its discretion, sisd.net may link or consider link requests to non-governmental web sites that contain information and/or services that further the purpose of sisd.net.
Sisd.net is not a forum for public communication and debate. The criteria outlined in this section have been established to ensure that sisd.net remains a non-public forum.
Every link request must undergo review to determine its relevance and appropriateness to the purpose of sisd.net. Links are approved for sisd.net based on the following criteria:
- The external web site corresponds with the purpose of sisd.net;
- The site's content is appropriate with respect to the purpose of sisd.net and the site is not a commercial site, which charges a fee for products or services online; (Notices of the availability of publications by government entities that charge for the publications or notices of government sponsored conferences that charge a registration fee are not commercial sites and may be considered for linking.);
- Site that exhibits hate, bias, discrimination, pornography, libelous or otherwise defamatory content;
- Site that advocates or promotes the use of drugs, alcohol or tobacco;
- Site that advocates, promotes or glorifies illegal activities;
- Site that lobbies, advocates, or advances the policies and priorities of a particular industry, organization or enterprise. This includes sites of non-profit organizations;
- Site belonging to or supporting a political affiliation; or
- Site that furthers the agenda of a political organization or candidate running for office.
sisd.net reserves the right to deny links if it determines that a web site contains misleading or unsubstantiated claims, conflicts with the purpose of sisd.net, does not meet one or more of the criteria set forth in this document, or for any reason it deems appropriate.
Approved sites must comply with the following conditions for link maintenance and may be required to enter into a written linking agreement with the Socorro Independent School District (SISD).
Conditions for Link Maintenance on sisd.net
To give superior customer service to citizens, governmental information, and services through sisd.net, we require that external web sites linked from sisd.net meet the following conditions in order to maintain a link on sisd.net:
- The linked site must provide the user with access to an email address and/or a customer service telephone number on every page of the site, in order for users to contact the site if there are problems with format, accuracy, timeliness, or payment processing.
- Linked sites should not excessively burden the sisd.net customer support system. If the site excessively burdens the sisd.net customer support system, SISD has discretion to take linked site off of sisd.net.
- When the user clicks on the external web site link, he/she must have easy access back to sisd.net. One of two options can accomplish this:
- A link to sisd.net can be established on the external website's main page; or
- The "back" button returns the user to sisd.net.
- Linked sites must have a privacy and security policy accessible from their home page informing the user of what information is collected, how it is collected, how it is used, and how the user can review and correct the information.
- Linked sites must comply with accepted accessibility standards as provided by the Worldwide Web Consortium (http://www.w3c.org) to ensure that persons with disabilities may access these sites.
- Linked sites must notify sisd.net at the email address provided below if the site to which sisd.net links becomes inaccurate or inactive.
sisd.net reserves the right to remove links if it determines that a web site contains misleading or unsubstantiated claims, conflicts with the purpose of sisd.net, does not meet one or more of the criteria set forth in this document, or for any other it deems appropriate.
Links from sisd.net will be reviewed regularly and may be removed at the discretion of SISD or for the following reasons:
- The link no longer points to the original information or resource to which it was intended to point;
- The web site pointed to by the link contains inaccurate or misleading information or has changed such that it is no longer in compliance with the acceptance criteria;
- The web site pointed to by the link violates the conditions for link maintenance;
- Access to the information has become difficult due to non-standard formatting, lengthy download times, or intrusive advertising;
- The link is permanently unreachable or remains unavailable for a lengthy period; or
- The external web site fails to comply with the written linking agreement, if any.
The decision of the SISD web administrator is final as to whether a link is to be added or removed from sisd.net.
Contact Information. For questions and concerns regarding the linking policy, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.