Website Privacy & Security Policy
Collection and Use of Information
sisd.net does not sell or rent personally identifiable information. Please be aware that when you provide information to any government entity, however, that information may be subject to the Texas Public Information Act and applicable federal legislation. Information about the Texas Public Information Act is available from the Office of the Attorney General. Each governmental body must be contacted directly about the records they keep and their use of personally identifiable information.
The sisd.net Web site utilizes server logs and log analysis tools to create summary statistics about the use of the Web site. The summary statistics are used for purposes such as assessing what information is of most interest to users, determining technical design specifications, and identifying system performance or problem areas.
For online government transactions conducted on the sisd.net Web site, you will be asked to enter certain information about yourself and/or the organization with which you are affiliated. The specifics of this information will vary as required by the type of transaction involved. In each case, the information requested will include the same information that would be requested if you performed the identical transaction in person rather than online. Whenever personal information is requested from you on this site, there will be an indication of whether your disclosure of such information is mandatory or optional. Information collected in the course of the transaction is used for the following purposes:
- To conduct online transactions with the appropriate entities.
- To send you a reply to an enquiry.
- To send you an e-mail confirming your transaction.
- To forward new product announcements or content features to you, only if you have chosen to request this service.
sisd.net may be required by law enforcement or judicial authorities to provide personally identifiable information to the appropriate governmental authorities. sisd.net fully cooperates with law enforcement agencies in identifying those who use our services for illegal activities. We reserve the right to report to law enforcement agencies any activities that we in good faith believe to be unlawful.
- Information that could be collected from or for a minor includes, but not necessarily limited to: name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, school, hobbies and any question or comment submitted.
- Parental Consent. [Parent includes legal guardian.]
- Parental consent will be obtained before collecting, using or disclosing personal information about a child.
- In the event that SISD changes its practices of collecting, using or disclosing any information in a substantive way, new parental consent will be obtained. An example of a change may include, what material is collected, how the information may be used, or third party access to that information.
- Upon verification of a child’s parent’s identity, the requesting parent will be able to review the personal information collected from their child.
- A parent will be allowed to revoke their consent and SISD will delete information collected from or for their children on request. When consent is revoked, the website will stop collecting, using or disclosing information from or for that child. Revocation may end a child's participation in an activity if the information collected was necessary for participation on the website.
Additional information can be obtained at the FTC's Consumer Response Center website.
This site uses a secure server for conducting online transactions. All credit card and other payment information that you transmit to us will be protected by 128-bit encryption technology, provided your browser is properly configured and your computer is operating properly. Security technology requires that you have a reasonably current browser that is capable of supporting 128-bit encryption. Current browsers such as these will activate the appropriate security features when you enter an online transaction through this site. In general, you can determine whether you are on a secure site by looking at the symbol at the bottom of your browser screen. You can be sure you are using a secure server if the key is unbroken or the lock is locked.
If at any time you are concerned about your privacy or security while visiting the SISD website, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.