Job Application Questions

  • Is my information confidential?

    SISD is a public entity. Your application is considered a public document and is subject to disclosure, upon request, through the on-line process. Applications for teaching positions are available to principals to review as vacancies occur. You may be asked to provide your social security number as part of the employment process with the Socorro Independent School District. In accordance with the Privacy Act of 1974, 5 USC 552(a), disclosure of your social security number is optional except for purposes of receiving wages; however, failure to provide it may result in processing delays if we have multiple applicants with the same or similar names.

    Should you elect to disclose your social security number for reasons other than receiving wages and withholding taxes, Socorro ISD would utilize your social security number for the following reasons: (1) Submission for the purposes of performing mandatory criminal background checks; (2) submission to the Texas State Board for Educator Certification for purposes of determining your professional status or other licensure status. Should the Socorro ISD require your social security number for any other purpose not listed above, we will obtain your consent before utilizing your social security number.

    If my certification area is not listed or if my college major is not listed, what should I do?

    If you do not find the right information to select for your certification or school major, leave the field blank and fill in the information as it appears on your certificate and / or transcript in the appropriate box.

    Do I have to provide past experience?  

    If you have prior experience, you should list it. This helps us get to know you.

    If I am an experienced teacher, do I have to list my student teaching experience?  

    If you have taught for one (1) full year, you do not have to enter your student teaching experience.

    If I have applied to SISD before do I need to submit a new application?  

    You will have to submit an application for each position you are interested in. You may keep your file active by updating your information.  Go to the online application and select the "already applied" link. Enter your First Name, Last Name,  Zip Code Number, and PIN.  If you continue to have difficulty, call the Human Resources Office at 915-937-0298.

    Once my on-line application is complete, what is next?  

    1. Check SISD Jobs page for current vacancies
    2. Contact campuses administrators who have the vacancy you are interested in and certified to teach.
    3. Campus administrators will make contact in order to schedule you for an interview

    What is the pay for teachers in the school district?

    SISD pays its teachers based on the amount of experience they have in years. View teacher pay scale.

    What is the pay for counselors in the school district?  

    SISD pays its counselors based on the amount of experience they have in years. View counselor pay scale.

    What if I am a TRS Retiree?  

    As per policy DC (Local), a person who has retired under TRS shall not be eligible to be rehired by the District on either a full-time or part-time basis unless the person is to be hired in one of the following.

    1. A position determined by the Board to be an "acute teacher shortage area" for the school year in which the retiree would be employed;
    2. A substitute or temporary position;
    3. A position in an area the Superintendent, at his or her discretion, has identified as a shortage area for the District; or
    4. A position that a certified applicant who is not a retiree is unable to fill based upon the qualifications of the applicants.

    Any retired employee seeking to return to employment in the District must complete the application process to be considered for a position listed above. In accordance with Government Code 824.602 (m)(3), in considering applicants for professional educator positions, the district must give preference to certified applicants who are not retirees.

Last Modified on February 6, 2019