WIN is a student-centered program created to help ensure all Team SISD children have the opportunities and support needed to achieve academic success.
W - Work Hard
I - I Can Do It Attitude
N - Never Give Up
In the WIN Academy, students who have not been successful in a “traditional” school setting will be able to gain two or more years worth of knowledge in a fast-track, demanding, flexible education system that includes:
- High Expectations and Flexibility - Fast track, demanding, flexible education system to gain two or more years worth of knowledge in one year.
- More Instructional Time - Extended Day: Nine hours Monday - Thursday; Friday regular instructional hours; Reading/Math Daily Double Dose; Saturday/Intersession/Summer Tutorials; Small Group Instruction.
- Personalized Learning - Teachers stay with students for multiple years and educate them as if they are their own children.
- Rigorous, College Bound Learning Environment - Laptops for students/ teachers; Hands-On, Project-Based Learning; Structured Classroom Behavior Management.
- Accountability for All - Frequent data-driven standards for students, parents, teachers, campus/district leaders and staff with a “100%...No Excuses” vision of excellence.
WIN Academy Sites (grade-levels)
- Campestre Elementary (3-5)
- Escontrias Elementary (3-5)
- H.D. Hilley Elementary (3-5)
- Hueco Elementary (3-5)
- Lujan-Chavez Elementary (3-5)
- Mission Ridge Elementary (3-5)
- Purple Heart Elementary (3-5)
- Robert R. Rojas Elementary (3-5)
- Sierra Vista Elementary (3-5)
- Bill Sybert School (3-6)
- Desert Wind School (3-7)
- Ernesto Serna School (3-7)
- Jane A. Hambric School (3-5)
- Capt. Walter E. Clarke Middle (6-7)
- Salvador H. Sanchez Middle (6-7)
- Socorro Middle (6-8)
- Sun Ridge Middle (6-7)
El Paso Times
El Paso Herald Post