COBRAS SAFETY PATROL
Campestre Elementary student Safety Patrol members are recognized as leaders among the students. They set an example for the other students at all times, on and off duty. Patrol members constantly demonstrate leadership skills such as decision making, communication, punctuality, school pride, respect, and good citizenship.
Students participating on the Safety Patrol will be made up of 4th and 5th grade students who meet the requirements for membership, whose grades and school behavior qualify, who are recommended by their teacher, and who have written permission from their parents to participate. Listed below are the specific qualifications:
- Student Safety Patrol is comprised of 4th and 5th grade students.
- Teacher recommendation form must be completed.
- 2020-2021 no office referrals
- All Student Safety Patrols must be passing every subject. If a failing grade is earned, the student will be removed from the program until the next report card. If at that time the grade is brought up to a passing grade, then the patrol may be reinstated. If the grade remains a failing grade, the student will be permanently removed from the Student Safety Patrol.
- Conduct grades for all classes must be Satisfactory. For those students who earn less than that, the same rules for dismissal from the program apply as with grades.
- Students who wish to participate in the Student Safety Patrol will be selected based on previous and/or current teacher recommendation.
- Front Door
- Play Area Left side of Cafeteria
- Hallways 1st, 2nd, 3rd & 4th Grade, 5th Grade
- Cafeteria to be there with our PK and Kinder students
- Doors assignments
- Cafeteria Carriers – distribution to classrooms every morning
*Students must be able to arrive at school by 7:00 a.m. and will remain at their duty stations until 7:30 a.m. Rotations and schedule will be assigned and must be follow.
Duties, Responsibilities, and Expectations
- To assist students: Student Safety Patrol members should be familiar with rules and expectations governing movement of students about the school. While on duty, Patrol members have a responsibility to report students breaking rules while at school. Patrol members are not responsible for enforcement of rules or for penalizing students.
- To assist visitors: Student Safety Patrol members may be the first contact for a visitor to the building and should be prepared to assist visitors to the office.
- To assist teachers: Student Safety Patrol members may be called on as needed to deliver messages and other such activities.
- To set a high standard of conduct: Student Safety Patrol members set the example for other students in the school.
- To set a high standard for appearance: Student Safety Patrol members set the example for other students. This includes being responsible for the proper wear, care, and storage of safety patrol belts
- To set high standards for academic excellence.
- To be at their assigned duty station at the proper time until dismissed.
Please note: If a Student Safety Patrol is unable to fulfill the above expectations, he or she may be removed temporarily or permanently from the program. Such circumstances may include: failing grades in academic classes, poor conduct grades, consistent tardiness at Student Safety Patrol post, off-task behavior, etc.
*For questions regarding any safety patrol please contact the Safety Patrol Coordinator
Ms. Eloisa Rodriguez