Montwood HS Campus Behavior Coordinator
Email Yolanda Solis
Texas Education Code
Designation of Campus Behavior Coordinator
- A person at each campus must be designated to serve as the campus behavior coordinator. The person designated may be the principal of the campus or any other campus administrator selected by the principal.
- The campus behavior coordinator is primarily responsible for maintaining student discipline and the implementation of this subchapter.
- Except as provided by this chapter, the specific duties of the campus behavior coordinator may be established by campus or district policy. Unless otherwise provided by campus or district policy:
- a duty imposed on a campus principal or other campus administrator under this subchapter shall be performed by the campus behavior coordinator; and(2) a power granted to a campus principal or other campus administrator under this subchapter may be exercised by the campus behavior coordinator.
- The campus behavior coordinator shall promptly notify a students parent or guardian as provided by this subsection if under this subchapter the student is placed into in-school or out-of-school suspension, placed in a disciplinary alternative education program, expelled, or placed in a juvenile justice alternative education program or is taken into custody by a law enforcement officer. A campus behavior coordinator must comply with this subsection by:
- promptly contacting the parent or guardian by telephone or in person; and
- making a good faith effort to provide written notice of the disciplinary action to the student, on the day the action is taken, for delivery to the students parent or guardian.
- If a parent or guardian entitled to notice under Subsection (d) has not been reached by telephone or in person by 5 p.m. of the first business day after the day the disciplinary action is taken, a campus behavior coordinator shall mail written notice of the action to the parent or guardian at the parents or guardians last known address.
- If a campus behavior coordinator is unable or not available to promptly provide notice under Subsection (d), the principal or other designee shall provide the notice.
Added by Acts 2015, 84th Leg., R.S., Ch. 1267 (S.B. 107), Sec. 1, eff. June 20, 2015.