2022-2023 Dress Code
Eastlake Dress Code
The dress code is established to teach grooming and hygiene, instill discipline, prevent disruption, avoid hazards, and demonstrate respect.
- The dress code prohibits the use of anything that will be a health/ safety hazard.
- Student ID's should always be worn.
- Students will not wear any clothes with pictures, emblems or writings that:
A. Are lewd, offensive, vulgar, or obscene
B. advertise or depict tobacco products, alcoholic beverages, drugs, and any other illegal substances prohibited by the district.
C. Is evidence of membership in any affiliation or gang.
- Shorts and skirts must be at least the length of the students' fingertips when stretched out.
- Students must wear clothing that is not considered inappropriate or revealing.
- Clothing should not reveal any undergarments.
- Clothing should not reveal any exposed skin in the belly or cleavage area.
- Students will not wear any excessively baggy or sagging pants.
- Pants need to be worn at the waist.
- Undergarments should not be exposed,
- Belts must be in the belt loops and not hang from the waist.
- Wallet chains of any length are not allowed.
- Shoes must be closed or have heel straps.
- No flip-flops, slippers, or mules are allowed.
- Hats/caps/beanies cannot be worn inside the building by either male or female students.
- Bandanas and hair nets are not allowed.
- Students cannot wear sunglasses in the building (unless prescribed by a doctor).
- If campus administration determines the student attire violates the dress code, students will be given the opportunity to correct the problem at school.
- If the problem cannot be corrected, the student will be assigned to in-school suspension (SAC) for the remainder of the day or until a parent or designee brings an acceptable change of clothes.
- Students with repeated offenses to the dress code will face other consequences such as and not limited to:
B. Additional in-school suspension days (SAC).
C. Out-of-school suspension days.