Welcome to the Socorro High SchoolGuidance & Counseling Department"Tradition & Pride"School Counseling Program Beliefs
Mission StatementThe mission of the Socorro High School counseling program is to empower all students to reach their fullest potential by providing a comprehensive school counseling program to facilitate their academic, career, social and emotional development. Counselors will serve as advocates for students and will collaborate with parents, faculty and community members to ensure student success and safety.Vision StatementSocorro High School counselors will implement a comprehensive school counseling program that teaches students' valuable academic, personal/social and career skills that will ensure all students succeed in school and are prepared for a meaningful, productive life.
- Every student can learn, and every student can succeed.
- Every student should have access and opportunity for a high quality education.
- Every student should graduate from high school prepared for post-secondary opportunities.
- Every student should have access to a school counseling program.
- Effective school counseling is a collaborative process involving school counselors, students, families, teachers, administrators and education stake-holders.
- School counselors are leaders in the school, district, state and nation.
- Comprehensive school counseling programs promote and enhance student academic, career and social/emotional outcomes.
Areas of Guidance and Counseling for SISD
*ASCA National Model *Grief and Trauma*Technology in Counseling*College and Career Readiness