Welcome to PE
Our Physical Education class teaches students to develop healthy living habits that will last a lifetime. Students participate in a wide variety of activities, sports and challenges that will increase their physical, social, and mental abilities, teamwork and cooperation skills. We hope to provide a safe, fun and motivating class that will encourage all students to want to participate, have fun and try their best.
Gym/Locker Room Expectations
- Use Appropriate Language
- Demonstrate Good Sportsmanship
- Observe Personal Space and Belongings
- Maintain Property
- Suit Out
- Use Time Wisely
- Share Equipment and Return On Time
- Maintain Equipment
- Manage personal belongings
- Maintain Personal Space and Property
- Keep Hands, Feet and objects to Yourself
- Leave equipment in its place
- Communicate Issues to Teacher
- Food and Drinks in Designated area Only
PE Uniform and Requirements
- Each student is required to dress out for PE/Wellness class in a proper PE uniform.
- Proper PE clothes: grey T-shirt with sleeves and basketball-style shorts in any color
- Students are allowed to wear sweatpants or joggers if preferred instead of shorts.
- Students must wear tennis shoes at all times during PE.
- Students must also provide their own water bottle for PE class.
- The following are NOT ALLOWED as PE uniform;
- spandex/leggings or compression type pants are allowed unless shorts are worn over.
- hoodies, tank tops/cutoff shirts
- Students are responsible for all personal items. All items left behind in the locker room or gym will be placed lost and found.
Excused Notes from PE
Notes from parents excusing participating in PE must be approved by the nurse and will only be good for the designated day. If the student needs to be excused for more than 3 days, a U.S. certified doctor's note will be required. All medication/inhalers must be stored in the nurse's office.
Students' grades are based on suiting out, daily participation along with physical and written tests. The grading percentage is as follows:
- 60% - daily participation
- 30% - tests/projects
- 10% - 9 week test