Salvador H. Sanchez Middle School
Welcome Warrior students and parents! We have missed you dearly and we hope you are safe and healthy. We are excited to work with you in this new and exciting virtual reality. I know this time has brought a lot of change and new ways of living our lives, but we are Warrior Strong and we will get through this together. Both Ms. Ortiz and Mrs. Alvarez are here to continue to guide you through this time to ensure your success academically and emotionally.
We will be available to you daily by appointment, TEAMS, email, and Twitter. We will be available online for parents and students who would like to contact us directly and privately through the TEAMS app, through chat or video conference. If you are interested, email us and we will set a time where you may contact us virtually.
If you do not have the app on your devices, please download it if you would like to use this method to communicate with us. Another way to contact us is through email.
Please understand that confidentiality cannot be guaranteed in virtual meetings. We will, however, make every effort to ensure our conversation is confidential. Please know that if we are concerned that your child may be of harm to themselves or others, or someone is causing them significant harm, we are ethically bound to notify the appropriate persons.Cristina Alvarez - CounselorTEAMS APPPhone: 915-937-5216Office Hours: 7:30 a.m.-4:00 p.m.By appointmentRosie Ortiz - CounselorTEAMS APPrortiz18@sisd.netPhone: 915-937-5210Office Hours: 7:30 a.m.-4:00 p.m.By appointment
Comprehensive School Counseling Program
The Salvador H. Sanchez Middle School Program envisions ALL students will have the academic, career and social emotional skills to become contributing members of the community.
The mission of the Salvador H. Sanchez Middle School Program is to provide a comprehensive school counseling program that will empower ALL students with academic, career and social/emotional essential skills needed to become successful college and career ready productive citizens.
School counselors believe that…
- Every student can learn, and every student can succeed.
- Every student should have access to and opportunity for a high- quality education.
- Every student should graduate from high school prepared for postsecondary opportunities.
- Every student should have access to a school counseling program.
- Effective school counseling is a collaborative process involving school counselors, students, families, teachers, administrators, and education stakeholders.
- School counselors are leaders in the school, district, state, and nation.
- Comprehensive School Counseling programs promote and enhance student academic, career, and social/emotional outcomes.