Socorro MS 2022-2023 Dress Code
In order to maintain an orderly environment conducive to the attainment of the educational mission of Socorro ISD, all students shall be required to conform to Socorro Middle School’s Uniform/Dress Code Policy.
- Polos and T-shirts only
A. Solid colored polo shirts in red, white, or Colombia blue. The school logo is not required on polo shirts, no other logos are allowed. NO black polos or black shirts are allowed.
B. "Bulldog T-shirts" - purchased at the school in red, gray, or Colombia blue. Any shirt worn underneath must be a solid school color; red, gray, Colombia blue or white.
- Turtlenecks, shirts, etc. may be worn underneath school shirts. If the undershirt is too long, it must be tucked in.
- #TeamSISD Monday: Students may wear their #TeamSISD shirt with a Docker-style slack khakis, or Navy may be worn.
- College Awareness Thursdays: Students may wear a college/university shirt with a Docker-style slack khakis, or navy may be worn.
- School Spirit Friday: Students may wear any school organization shirt, such as athletics, fine arts, student council, WIN, AVID, etc. or a "Bulldog T-shirt" with a Docker-style slack khakis, or navy may be worn. Jeans only for students with perfect attendance for the week.
- Monday - Thursday: Docker-style slack khakis, or navy may be worn
- Students may wear jeans on Fridays if they had perfect attendance Monday - Thursday.
- NO sweat, wind, or athletic pants allowed.
- NO leggings or knit material joggers are allowed.
- NO torn pants or jeans allowed.
- Length must be at least where the middle finger rests when the arm is extended alongside the leg.
- No basketball/gym shorts.
- NO skirts/skorts.
- Any style of coat/jacket will be permitted to be worn outside.
- No inappropriate advertising or corporate logos can be worn.
- Front zipper sweatshirts/sweaters may be worn as part of the uniform while inside the building.
- Front zipper hooded sweaters are permitted, but hoods may not be worn while in the building.
- Hooded sweatshirts (sweatshirts without front zippers) may be worn as long as the Socorro MS logo is on, but hoods may not be worn while in the building.
- Tops promoting universities may only be worn on Thursdays.
- Only natural colored hair is allowed. No rainbow colors.
- Only short Mo-hwaks are allowed.
- The only piercings allowed are ear piercings.
- NO gauges/tapers,facial or body piercings allowed
- NO covered facial piercings allowed.
**No Heely's or Skateboards allowed**
*NO ELECTRONIC DEVICES*
No electronic devices are allowed in restrooms, hallways, cafeteria or outside... they will be confiscated. At the teachers' discretion, headphones and air pods may be used for instructional purposes only. However, the school is not responsible for lost or stolen devices. Cell phones may be used before or after school.
***If a cell phone rings or vibrates during the instructional day - to include lunch time, it will be confiscated immediately and logged into the "Electronics Devices Log". THERE WILL BE NO EXCEPTIONS.
- The 1st confiscation will earn a warning and logged in.
- The 2nd confiscation will be logged in and earn a $15.00 fine as outlined by the Socorro ISD Board Policy Handbook. Parents will have to come and pay a fine, at which time the device will be returned.
- On the 3rd offense, the student will not receive the phone until the last day of school.
The following are examples of what will NOT be allowed at Socorro Middle School to include on Free Dress Days:
- Sagging or oversized pants/jeans/shorts, torn jeans or big pockets
- Clothing with abusive or suggestive language or symbols reflecting gang affiliation or drugs
- Bandanas, doo rags, hair nets, caps or sunglasses (physician prescribed excluded) **Caps and beanies may be worn outside during lunch or PE**
- Excess make-up such as heavy eye liner, black lipstick, Gothic-style
- Military style belts or lettered buckles
- Tank tops/Spaghetti Straps shirts and dresses/Crop Shirts. No safety pins or rubber bands on shirts
- Spiked or studded jewelry or belts
- Excessive jewelry (large and bulky)
- Rosaries may not be worn outside of shirts
- Chain belts, chains on wallets, or chains draped outside pockets--as outlined in the Socorro ISD Board Policy Handbook
- Any other clothing and accessories that, in the professional discernment of the campus administration and faculty, is not conducive to maintaining an orderly environment.
- Uniform shirt may not be altered in any way
- Flip-flops, slippers, or house shoes
Disciplinary Consequences for not abiding by the Socorro MS Uniform/Dress Code Policy:
- 1 st Offense—Warning— Parents will be called to bring a change of clothes. Students will be placed in SAC if parents are unable to bring appropriate clothing.
- 2 nd Offense—Same as above and student will serve detention. Additional offenses will warrant more severe consequences.
*Dirty uniform is not an acceptable excuse*