Socorro Middle School
Welcome Bulldog Family! We have missed you dearly and we hope you are safe and healthy. We are excited to work with you in this new and exciting virtual reality. I know this time has brought a lot of change and new ways of living our lives, but we are Bulldog Strong and we will get through this together. Both Mrs. Armendariz and Mrs. Martinez are here to continue to guide you through this time to ensure your success academically and emotionally.
Socorro Middle School counselors believe:
- Every student can learn, and every student can succeed.
- Every student should have access to and opportunity for a high-quality education.
- Every student should graduate from high school prepared for postseconday opportunities.
- Every student should have access to a school counseling program.
- Effective school counseling is a collaborative process involving school counselors, students, families, teachers, administrators and education stakeholders.
- School counselors are leaders in the school, district, state and nation.
- Comprehensive school counseling programs promote and enhance student academic, career ad social/emotional outcomes.
The students at Socorro Middle School are life-long learners who graduate college and career ready. All students have access to a rigorous curriculum to develop the academic, career and social emotional skills necessary to be productive and successful citizens of the 21st century.
At Socorro Middle School, it is our mission to provide a safe and welcoming learning environment for all of our students. All of our students will have an equal opportunity to excel academically, socially, and personally. Our counseling program supports our mission through a comprehensive program that addresses the academic, career, and personal/social development of all students. Our primary role as school counselors will be to advocate for each and every student by providing them with the academic and social skills needed to succeed in and out of the classroom through character-driven lessons, individual counseling, career education, and small group counseling.