Welcome to Physical Education & Health
Our Physical Education class teaches students to develop healthy living habits that will last a lifetime. Students participate in a wide variety of activities, sports and challenges that will increase their physical, social, and mental abilities, teamwork and cooperation skills. We hope to provide a safe, fun and motivating class that will encourage all students to want to participate, have fun and try their best.
- Students must be ready to learn and have fun.
- Students must have appropriate running shoes/sneakers.
- Students must have a water bottle.
Middle School PE Rules
- Students will have access to locker rooms,
- Students will be allowed to lock valuables in a small locker.
- Students must bring their own combination lock to lock up their valuables (Coaches can keep their combinations on file).
- Students must suit out every class period.
- Students who are ill or injured are required to be excused by a parental or doctor's note.
- Parental notes excusing a student from physical activity must be approved by the nurse at the beginning of the day.
- Parent notes are only valid for 2 calendar days maximum.
- Doctors (from a US Certified Medical Professional) notes will be required to excuse a student for periods of 3 days or longer.
- Students MUST bring their own water bottles. These can be filled during the suit out time at the beginning and end of the PE Class period.
- When students are absent, it is their responsibility to make up assignments that were missed.
- Assignments not completed during class will be required to be completed as homework.
Middle School Suit-out Policy
- Students must suit out for every class period.
- Students must wear an appropriate t-shirt and shorts or warm-ups dependent on the weather (Bill Sybert Dress Code applies).
- Failure to sit-out will result in a lower grade for the day.
Middle School Locker Room Policy
- Students are only allowed in the locker room when a coach is present.
- Students must lock up all valuables in a small locker (Coaches are not responsible for lost or stolen items).
- Students are required to bring their own combination lock to lock up valuables.
- Students may leave a copy of their combination with their coach if they desire.
- There will be no use of phones, cameras, computers or other electronic devices in the locker rooms.
- There will be no rough housing etc. in the locker room.
Middle School Grading Policy
- Students will be graded on class work, physical and written tests.
- Students not suiting out for a class period, will receive a maximum of a 70 for that day.
Middle School Discipline Policy
- Infractions of campus and / or District policy may result in a required Parent / Teacher / Administrator Conference.
- We have reviewed all the PE rules with your child.
- When your son / daughter breaks any of the rules:
- 1ST OFFENSE: Student / Teacher Conference.
- 2ND OFFENSE: Fifteen minutes of detention will be assigned before school, after school, or during lunch.
7:45 - 8:40 3rd Grade 8:45 - 9:40 1st Grade 9:45 - 10:40 2nd Garde 10:45 - 11:15 Lunch 11:17 - 12:02 Pre-K and Kindergarten 12:05 - 1:00 4th Grade 1:25 - 2:20 5th Grade 2:20 - 3:15 Conference
Middle School Schedule
Coach Griffith - 6th and 8th Grade PE Schedule
Time Period / Grade Level 7:45 - 8:30 1st period: Conference 8:33 - 9:18 2nd period: 6th Grade PE 9:21 - 10:06 Major Sports 10:09 - 10:54 4th period: 6th Grade PE 10:57 - 11:42 5th period: 8th Grade PE 11:45 - 12:30 6th period: 8th Period PE 12:33 - 1:03 Lunch 1:06 - 1:51 7th period: 8th Grade 1:54 - 2:39 8th Period: 6th PE 2:42 - 3:15 Advisory
Coach Johnson - 7th Grade PE and Health Schedule
Time Period / Grade Level 7:45 - 8:30 1st period: Conference 8:33 - 9:18 Major Sports 9:21 - 10:06 3rd Period - 7th Period PE 10:09 - 10:54 4th period: 7th Grade PE 10:57 - 11:42 5th period: 7th Grade Health 11:45-12:15 Lunch 12:18 - 1:03 6th period: 7th Grade Health 1:06 - 1:51 7th Period: 7th Grade Health 1:54 - 2:39 8th period: 7th Grade PE 2:42 - 3:15 Advisory