It is the philosophy of the Socorro Independent School District and Helen Ball ES that students should maintain high standards of dress, grooming, and appearance. SISD has established the following universal uniform options to compliment the other agreed upon school uniform options:
As per Policy FNCA(LOCAL), a universal uniform may be worn at any SISD school which has elected to implement a school uniform policy.
- Khaki pants and a white polo shirt without a school logo;
- School uniform pants and a school colored polo shirt without a school logo.
Uniforms:shirts must be tucked in
In order to develop consistency across the campus; students must follow the stated uniform guidelines below:
Monday: Team SISD Shirt with jeans
Tuesday-Thurs: Red, Black or White Polo Shirt or plain T-shirt or other HBE shirt with khaki or black uniform pants
Friday: Kindness shirt, College shirt, wellness Wednesday shirt or HBE shirt with Jeans
**No FREE DRESS Fridays**Shirts:· Polo Shirt (Red, Black, White)· Polo shirts do not need a school logo· Turtlenecks, shirts, etc. worn underneath school uniform shirt must be red, white or black only.· Shirts must be tucked in at all times.· khaki or black pants. (No jeans, cargo pants, wind suits, corduroy, sweats, leggings, or spandex).· Khaki or black. Length must be at least where the middle finger rests when the arm is extended alongside the leg, and no longer than the knee. (No cargo shorts, oversized shorts or big pockets)
Any style coat/jacket will be permitted to be worn during cold weather. Coats/Jackets are not allowed to be worn to cover up students that are not in proper uniform.
· Nothing with advertising, corporate logos, or professional/college team names can be worn during instructional time.
Sweatshirts/Sweaters:· Plain Red, White, or Black only. No logo required.· Hooded sweatshirts are permitted but hoods may not be worn in the building.· Turtlenecks, shirts, etc. worn underneath school uniform shirt MUST be red, white or black only.· Sweatshirts/Sweaters may be worn as part of the uniform while inside the building.
· The only pierced body part which are to be adorned are the ears.
Hair Color:Natural colored hair. No pink, blue, purple, red, maroon, etc.
The following are examples of what will NOT be allowed at Helen Ball:
1. Sagging or oversized slacks/pants/shorts (such as Dickies, cargo pants, clam diggers, rocker style). Clothing that is gang related and religious artifacts that represent gang affiliation.2. Clothing with abusive or suggestive language or symbols reflecting gang affiliation.
3. Bandanas, drop rags, hair nets, caps, or sunglasses (physicians prescribed excluded).
4. Black or dark shades of lipstick, lip liner, and nail polish.
5. Excess make-up such as heavy eyeliner.
6. Military style belts or lettered buckles.
7. Tight fitting capri pants or cargo style pants.
8. Tank tops/Spaghetti Straps/Crop Shirts
9. Spiked or studded jewelry or belts
10. Excessive jewelry (large and bulky)
11. Other items such as Chain belts, chains on wallets, or chains draped outside pockets; as outlined in the SISD Board Policy Handbook.
12. Any other clothing and accessories that, in the professional judgment of the campus administration and faculty, is not in concert with maintaining an orderly environment.